collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: From the Daily Heil ..It would be a travesty if Villa go down  (Read 12575 times)

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: From the Daily Heil ..It would be a travesty if Villa go down
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 12:06:02 PM »
As JP says, he is always very complimentary about us on TS, or at least whenever I have heard him...

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
Was also very complimentary about the fans and support they were giving last week at Stoke - mentioned it several times - well done to all that went

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
As JP says, he is always very complimentary about us on TS, or at least whenever I have heard him...
He'll change his mind in a few weeks - he always does.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »
On the Guardian podcast they were discussing relegation candidates, and as James Richardson mentioned us Phillipe Auclair jumped in and said 'no Villa will be absolutely fine,' and reasoned, among reasons, that we play football and are in good form, unlike the two late-season Campari-coloured plummeters Stoke and Sunderland. We are being talked up in most quarters of football journalism at the moment, and while probably premature it does make a nice change from the TSM days of the "yeah, wouldn't be sorry to see them go" consensus.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
he has been saying this for ages on TS , actually been bigging Villa up loads , massive history , massive club , loads of great fans , a proper club as he calls us .  He also said it has to be Villa in the cup final not Bradford so lets hope he gets this one right.

stoke on the other hand ...........

But that's usually been in the context of 'they should be doing better' and trying to get angry Villa fans ringing in having a bash at the team/manager/chairman. 

he's never be negative about Villa to be honest .  Always complimentary .  Arsenal yes , he winds them up.

Last season was different , Villa fans dont deserve that kind of football.

I listen occasionally and he is often complimentary about Villa. And yes he dislikes Arsenal for soem reason

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »
It would have been a good thing 30 years ago, maybe even 20 but recent history will repeat itself again over the next few years and anyone that does any good here for a couple of seasons will be off. It would be wonderful to think that we would keep this lot together for 6 or 7 years, adding a couple more along the way but i think it will all start to break up before Aston Villa see the real benefits of it.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but it's import to remember the football world we live in and for that reason i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »
the league table of sports radio broadcasters where coming first makes you a wanker of magnitude that we can barely comprehend, Durham isn't in the top flight. There are many, many more repulsive characters out there, and especially those who never have a good word to say about us. Durham, whenever I listen to him has rarely said a bad word about us. He doesn't half take the piss out of Arsenal, and the funny thing is I would bet a lot of Arsenal fans agree with him.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
Was also very complimentary about the fans and support they were giving last week at Stoke - mentioned it several times - well done to all that went

We were very good, what did he say?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2013, 04:46:55 PM »
Oh Moses/Jesus/Mohammed I am getting worried now!

There's no God?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Oh Moses/Jesus/Mohammed I am getting worried now!

There's no God?

Isn't that like saying "There's no Aston?" if somebody says "Villa"?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
Everton are there and there abouts consistently.  I'd be looking to get to their level.  Once we do we may well hit a 'glass ceiling', but I'll worry about it then!

I think Arsenal will turn out to be the more realistic comparison.  Bring through our own players and buy the odd one here and there to fill the squad out, sell the better players if we get crazy money offered, sell the average/not good enough for as much as possible.

Everton's success has largely been based on picking up guys who are doing well but not quite enough to have the top sides chasing them. 

Arsenal get £2m per match in gate revenue. I can't see how we can seek to emulate their model

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »
On the Guardian podcast they were discussing relegation candidates, and as James Richardson mentioned us Phillipe Auclair jumped in and said 'no Villa will be absolutely fine,' and reasoned, among reasons, that we play football and are in good form, unlike the two late-season Campari-coloured plummeters Stoke and Sunderland. We are being talked up in most quarters of football journalism at the moment, and while probably premature it does make a nice change from the TSM days of the "yeah, wouldn't be sorry to see them go" consensus.

This period feels so similar to the post-Liverpool game that its making me nervous. We were getting plenty of plaudits then.

It's by no means impossible that we could lose against Fulham. Though their injuries are a help, their front two are dangerous.

And then we could easily get spanked by Man U. Really spanked.

Things are looking good form-wise. But we're still only two points above the relegation zone.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »

This period feels so similar to the post-Liverpool game that its making me nervous. We were getting plenty of plaudits then.

It's by no means impossible that we could lose against Fulham. Though their injuries are a help, their front two are dangerous.

And then we could easily get spanked by Man U. Really spanked.

Things are looking good form-wise. But we're still only two points above the relegation zone.

Absolutely right. We need to win tomorrow to give us some breathing space - hopefully! - for the almost certain loss to Man Utd.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
With you all the way Matt. Whenever there is a level of hope/ expectation, Villa invariably fuck it up. I fear for tomorrow being a bit like the Southampton game.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
he has been saying this for ages on TS , actually been bigging Villa up loads , massive history , massive club , loads of great fans , a proper club as he calls us .  He also said it has to be Villa in the cup final not Bradford so lets hope he gets this one right.

stoke on the other hand ...........

But that's usually been in the context of 'they should be doing better' and trying to get angry Villa fans ringing in having a bash at the team/manager/chairman. 

he's never be negative about Villa to be honest .  Always complimentary .  Arsenal yes , he winds them up.

Last season was different , Villa fans dont deserve that kind of football.

I don't listen anymore, but it wasn't that long ago we were linked to Scott Parker after he won the writers player of the year, it seemed at the time we were the only team in for him. Adrian Durham had an hour phone in basically abusing Villa and asking Villa fans why they think a great player like Scott Parker would go to such a poor club like Villa. This was towards the end of Houlliers season I think. He was really belittling us and we'd just just made our record signing a few months before at the time. Also finished 6th 3 seasons on the trot prior to that year.
I know thats his job to get fans angry to phone in, but just thought I'd point it out as he's not always been so complimentary towards us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal