collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lawro's predictions predictions  (Read 7937 times)

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
Lawro's predictions predictions
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
he does seem to have a downer on the Villa doesn't he. So I'm going to try to predict his predictions

Arsenal   v Norwich

Arsenal seem to be turning it round a bit lately, and Norwich have had a bad patch. I don't read about Norwich much, so I think Arsenal will win comfortably.

2-0

Aston Villa v Fulham

Villa had a win last week against a very poor Stoke. In fact they were so poor I reckon any team would have beat them. I can't put that down to a good Villa performance. I still think if Stoke had brought Michael Owen on they would have won. Matthew Lowton could possibly make the top 10 goals of the season behind 4 from Suarez, 3 from Gerrard and 1 by Bale.

Fulham look safe now and although they have a terrible away record I think they will nick this

0- 14

Everton v QPR

Everton are a decent mid table side, not as good as liverpool, never will be. But they are up against an in form QPR ,

Harry will really have the team up for this

0-2

Reading v Liverpool

Reading are a football club. Liverpool are favourites to pip united for the title this year. Yes they are a few points behind, but uniteds next 3 games are all away at Barcelona, Madrid and a combined world 11. Whilst Liverpool have 3 home games against Villa.

0- 20

Southampton v West Ham

Can't be arsed really. I've heard of Big Sam and Joe Cole. He's gone down hill since he left Liverpool hasn't he. So I reckon they will nick this

0-1

Newcastle v Sunderland

Now they have got rid of O'neill I can only see Sunderland being relegated to the conference league

3-0

Stoke v Man u

Stoke were really unlucky against a very poor Villa last week, If only they had brought Michael Owen on and Lowton hadn't scrambled a winner I think they would have won. This week will be different though. They will be up against Rooney and some other players, Oh yes van Persie, he's one. And Ashley Young, he's another. Hasn't he come on loads since he left Villa

0-2

The text will be somewhat different but I reckon the results won't be far off his predictions

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Lawro's predictions predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »
Nice one.

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »
Sounds about spot on

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »
I genuinely think it will be something like this.....

Aston Villa v Fulham

Aston Villa earned a crucial 3 points last week but it took a moment of excellence from Matthew Lowton to put Villa in front at a time when Stoke looked the more likely to get the winner. Fulham have an in form Dimitar Berbatov up front and I can see him exposing some weaknesses in a young and inexperienced Villa defence. Villa really need to win this with Manchester United next week and I can see the pressure of the home crown being too much for their young guns.

1-2

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
Very good - he has QPR 6th or 7th based on his prections and Swansea 17th

Bellend

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
Everton 'a decent mid table team' He really is a cock.
They are in reality above Liverpool and not far off a chumpions league spot

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Whilst I agree he's a cock, these aren't actually his predictions.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »

Aston Villa v Fulham

Aston Villa earned a crucial 3 points last week but it took a moment of excellence from Matthew Lowton to put Villa in front at a time when Stoke looked the more likely to get the winner. Fulham have an in form Dimitar Berbatov up front and I can see him exposing some weaknesses in a young and inexperienced Villa defence. Villa really need to win this with Manchester United next week and I can see the pressure of the home crown being too much for their young guns.

1-2

Looks almost spot on, I don't think I've seen anything from him regarding the form of our strikers, a lot of the time he seems to have looked at the team sheets, decided which club has more players he knows of and gives them the win, the position he has qpr in is testament to this approach.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:01 AM »

Aston Villa v Fulham

Aston Villa earned a crucial 3 points last week but it took a moment of excellence from Matthew Lowton to put Villa in front at a time when Stoke looked the more likely to get the winner. Fulham have an in form Dimitar Berbatov up front and I can see him exposing some weaknesses in a young and inexperienced Villa defence. Villa really need to win this with Manchester United next week and I can see the pressure of the home crowd being too much for their young guns.

1-2

Spot on!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »
Lawro will see that we won our last game and Fulham lost their's, so go for a Villa win.  All the time managing not to say anyhting either insightful or complimentary about either side.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 11:38:43 AM »
Does he still say "muuurment"? I tend to record MOTD and fast forward across his unbiased summaries.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 11:51:44 AM »

Whilst I agree he's a cock, these aren't actually his predictions.

Oh dear! I'm the cock for just scanning through the post

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
I'm in one of those prediction leagues and the default position when people don't get their predictions in on time is Lawro's.  The last few weeks I've been in the pub when the predictions are due, so I've just texted in 'go with Lawro, but Villa to win, Man U to win and Liverpool to lose. Came fourth in our last round!

The time to worry is when he starts tipping Villa.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 12:08:38 PM »
No, I reckon he'll tip us to win this one.

Aston Villa V Fulham

Villa had an excellent win last week against a very poor Stoke. They're starting to show some real form in their attack where Benteke is the stand out performer. He's sure to be a target for a bigger club in the summer.  Their defence still does worry me though as they seem to have a mistake in them in every game they play, something Berbatov can take advantage of if he's at it.  The rest of the Fulham team are already on the beach, or rock climbing in the Alps, maybe even doing the Inca trail in Peru.

Aston Villa 2 Fulham 1.

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »
The worst thing is the bbc  unashamedly describe him as a 'football expert'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal