collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland game moved to Monday night  (Read 27424 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Sunderland game moved to Monday night
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »
Don't just moan on here - do something about it.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
What is their win ratio for Monday night games over the past few years? 

Ours must be pretty atrocious.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:25:34 PM by KevinGage »

Offline danlanza

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
Another game where HnVers will have to keep me informed of the score. Fucking Sky piss me off.
Another game where the attendance will decrease because of the long journey for away fans on a week night and Villa fans doing shifts and the like.
Piss poor Sky.
I agree that in general this is "not a good thing", but unless you had been planning to fly back especially for the Saturday game surely the change in kick-off time isn't too much of a hardship for you?

I would imagine it's a pain in the arse for the majority going.
I agree. And its them with whom my sympathies lie, rather than with somebody who has to shuffle their television viewing around a bit.
Terribly sorry for not still living in England. All Expats will tell you the same i am sure !

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

Like what? Write to the club? I very much doubt that will achieve anything. Write to Sky? As if they'd give a fuck. I already boycott Sky and don't give them any money.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »
This will be one for the neutrals to savour won't it. 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
I've binned Sky recently - not because of this but the more general annoyance at paying them almost £1,000 a year.

Sadly, I'm not even sure a mass cancellation of Sky here would make any difference any more.  The big money is overseas - that's where Sky make their money.

As for this move - no doubt they'll be marketing it as such a fantastic thing that they're putting it on TV for all those Sunderland fans who can't make it.  Conveniently ignoring the fact that the reason they can't make it is because Sky are putting it on TV on a Monday-fucking-night!!!!

Twats.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »

I have - I have upgraded my cable package to XL :-)

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Oh that fuckin pissed me right off , i just bought train tickets advance for the saturday! 15 minutes ago!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
Shite, was going to make my first trip to VP in 18 months but not practical now.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »
Shite, was going to make my first trip to VP in 18 months but not practical now.
Ditto

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:03 PM »
I've binned Sky recently - not because of this but the more general annoyance at paying them almost £1,000 a year.

how much ?   fook

If a sky salesmen went to peoples door and said can you pay your £1200 now for a year , every one would tell them to fook off , saying that is a piss take . It's because it drips out their accounts direct debit and when they think about getting round to get rid , Sky make it so hard for people , like leave you on the phone for ages until you put it down and say I will do it another day .  Tossers

Offline danlanza

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 06:45:02 PM »
Sympathy is between shit and syphilis in the dictionary mate, as i found out a few posts ago.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »

how much ?   fook

If a sky salesmen went to peoples door and said can you pay your £1200 now for a year , every one would tell them to fook off , saying that is a piss take . It's because it drips out their accounts direct debit and when they think about getting round to get rid , Sky make it so hard for people , like leave you on the phone for ages until you put it down and say I will do it another day .  Tossers

Crazy isn't it.  We started off 6 years ago on a deal where you got stuff half price for 6 months etc, etc and it was about £40 a month with phone, broadband and TV (including sports).  By the end it was up to £80 a month - or £960 a year.  The tipping point was when the broadband router we'd had for 6 years started playing up and they said we could buy a new one for £70 and it was either that or buy a 2nd hand one off ebay because only Sky routers work with Sky Broadband!!!

That tipped my wife over the edge and we cancelled the same day.

I now have four more days of Sky Sports before it switches off and I'm left with BT broadband, phone and freeview for £30 a month.

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
Another game where HnVers will have to keep me informed of the score. Fucking Sky piss me off.
Another game where the attendance will decrease because of the long journey for away fans on a week night and Villa fans doing shifts and the like.
Piss poor Sky.
I agree that in general this is "not a good thing", but unless you had been planning to fly back especially for the Saturday game surely the change in kick-off time isn't too much of a hardship for you?

I would imagine it's a pain in the arse for the majority going.
I agree. And its them with whom my sympathies lie, rather than with somebody who has to shuffle their television viewing around a bit.
Terribly sorry for not still living in England. All Expats will tell you the same i am sure !
No need to apologise for not living close enough to go to games. I don't get to as many as I'd like to myself for distance and cost reasons.

But I'm not sure I'd ever complain about a match being moved for television because I'd planned to watch it on television.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal