collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland game moved to Monday night  (Read 27385 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Sunderland game moved to Monday night
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »
Been moved to the Monday night for Tv.

Monday 29 April, 8 pm ko.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:00:10 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline Charlie8182

Sunderland game moved?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
According to the AVFC official twitter feed "Villa’s home clash with Sunderland has been moved. The game will now take place on Monday April 29 at 8pm for Sky Sports coverage"  FFS!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: V Sunderland
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
So only 1 of our last 4 home games are a 3pm Saturday KO? Fuck off Sky.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: V Sunderland
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »
as bollocks as it is for people going to the game you can see why it's been done. The return of the holy Martin who by that time will be in the bottom three about to take a royal kicking by his former club. It makes for good theatre.

Offline TonyD

Re: Sunderland game moved to Monday night
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
It's all toss.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:05:01 PM »
Another game where HnVers will have to keep me informed of the score. Fucking Sky piss me off.
Another game where the attendance will decrease because of the long journey for away fans on a week night and Villa fans doing shifts and the like.
Piss poor Sky.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
as bollocks as it is for people going to the game you can see why it's been done. The return of the holy Martin who by that time will be in the bottom three about to take a royal kicking by his former club. It makes for good theatre.

Moved to Sat evening or Sunday, fair enough.  Monday night at that kind of short notice takes the piss though.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 06:09:16 PM »
That's pretty annoying.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
Another game where HnVers will have to keep me informed of the score. Fucking Sky piss me off.
Another game where the attendance will decrease because of the long journey for away fans on a week night and Villa fans doing shifts and the like.
Piss poor Sky.
I agree that in general this is "not a good thing", but unless you had been planning to fly back especially for the Saturday game surely the change in kick-off time isn't too much of a hardship for you?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »
Piss poor Sky.
I agree that in general this is "not a good thing", but unless you had been planning to fly back especially for the Saturday game surely the change in kick-off time isn't too much of a hardship for you?

I would imagine it's a pain in the arse for the majority going.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
Game moved for Armchair Perverts - again.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
Piss poor Sky.
No where near as much as the Villa fans who have to trek hundreds of miles on a return journey by car or train back at home Dave, no.
Just inconvenient in the way that i had booked that Saturday off from work to watch it with some other Villains who will be here on holiday at the time. So a bit pissed off about it. But you are right about the ''Hardship'' thing.
Evening Martin. Hope you are well mate.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:19:22 PM »
Piss poor Sky.

I would imagine it's a pain in the arse for the majority going.
I agree. And its them with whom my sympathies lie, rather than with somebody who has to shuffle their television viewing around a bit.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »
After Saturday, I was looking forward to seeing VP close to full for our remaining games. Hopefully the club can do something to make sure as many come as is possible. We're in the brown stuff, need it full, give the sodding seats behind me away, I don't care, I'll get upset about the value vs my season ticket over the summer. Suppose I'll have to check if I can make it myself, I'm struggling to make Easter Sunday as it is. Easter Sunday lunchtime. Football? REALLY? F*#'in sky

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 06:21:43 PM »
I feel sorry for the MONderland fans. It's big enough pain for me (plus I hate Monday night games) but it's a home game and I live in Brum. A lot of them will have already bought tickets and possibly paid for train travel and will now have to sort out time off work, new travel etc. Sky really don't give a shit about us fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal