collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What to do??  (Read 10138 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: What to do??
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
I swear like a trooper and nothing has ever been said to me.

Not to your face.

STEWARD!

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:51 PM »
I swear like a trooper and nothing has ever been said to me.

I've had to tut at you a few times, Leeg.   ;)

Seriously, it's football and you have to turn a blind eye to things (unless unreasonably bad). 

The only people not allowed to swear, rant and rave are my husband and two sons.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
I've decided to move next season just so I can swear more!

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I know who you are as the descripton you give fits you down to a tee (not that I'm calling you big, bald & ugly!).  Presumably you sit in the Trinity lower several rows behind the dugouts who frequently gives the ref stick even if his decisions are correct with regular lines of 'whats the matter with ya' and 'you couldn't wait could ya' when he books a Villa player.
This followed with 'we're very disappointed in you' at James Milner recently and Martin O'Neill last season when he came back with Sunderland which amused many of us.

But as you say, you don't actually ever swear, give the team or manager any abuse (thats pretty remarkable considering the past couple of seasons!) and do give the side solid support and encouragement.
If it is you, it would be a crying shame if you decide to move or get thrown out; I sincerely hope not as you're usually the highlight of the match!!
I was thinking along the same lines Charlie.  We must sit very close to each other!

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 05:45:07 PM »
Get in touch with the FSF (FOOTBALL supporters federation ) they will tell you your rights and what to do next.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/Watching-football-is-not-a-crime.php

Good luck! What I hate is these people who grass on others why not speak to the person instead of trying to get them in the shit?

Offline Top Cat

• GM : 03.02.2023
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 05:58:05 PM »
I reckon we sit near you - I think its great that  you get behind the team and I for one would be disappointed if you moved seats.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
Simman - if you are the chap described by Charlie8182, please stay where you are next season.  You really are a breathe of fresh air in the Lower Trinity.

Offline simman

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 06:00:11 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I know who you are as the descripton you give fits you down to a tee (not that I'm calling you big, bald & ugly!).  Presumably you sit in the Trinity lower several rows behind the dugouts who frequently gives the ref stick even if his decisions are correct with regular lines of 'whats the matter with ya' and 'you couldn't wait could ya' when he books a Villa player.
This followed with 'we're very disappointed in you' at James Milner recently and Martin O'Neill last season when he came back with Sunderland which amused many of us.

But as you say, you don't actually ever swear, give the team or manager any abuse (thats pretty remarkable considering the past couple of seasons!) and do give the side solid support and encouragement.
If it is you, it would be a crying shame if you decide to move or get thrown out; I sincerely hope not as you're usually the highlight of the match!!

Ha, Ha, I would argue that many of the refs decisions are correct!! ;)
Yeah that's me, I guess I can be a bit of an irritant at times but I just try to support the boys.
Having read through the replies, I'll take some of your advice. Will see if I can speak to John Handley to see what is going on, then I'll try and forget about it I think.
When I left yesterday, I asked the steward if I had behaved enough and she gave me a big kiss!! (not quite so ugly, or had she lost her glasses!)
Thanks for your comments and support Charlie8182 & TopCat, pop over and say hello next time, I don't bite!! UTV.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
Really, football should be one of the places where you're allowed to be annoying.as it was always supposed to be a safe place to let out our frustrations.There are people by me that piss me off but I'll tell them face to face as part if the whole thing of football being a place whwpre you say what you think. They might have a go back, & it all be a bit worrying, but that was how I always thought it was. If footballis a place which excludes people who get a bit carried away, then I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

No its not.

Normal rules of good behaviour should apply just as much at football matches as anywhere else.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »
You should be able to react emotionally to a game though. This bloke has said he doesn't swear, he doesn't threaten anybody, the complaint is that " he gets a bit carried away". Amongst a crowd of 30-40,000 people there are going to be plenty of them who see things differently to you and get on your nerves, and you might get on other people's, but football isn't a place whe I go to sit on my hands and I don't expect anyone else to either.

Offline Top Cat

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
Really, football should be one of the places where you're allowed to be annoying.as it was always supposed to be a safe place to let out our frustrations.There are people by me that piss me off but I'll tell them face to face as part if the whole thing of football being a place whwpre you say what you think. They might have a go back, & it all be a bit worrying, but that was how I always thought it was. If footballis a place which excludes people who get a bit carried away, then I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

No its not.

Normal rules of good behaviour should apply just as much at football matches as anywhere else.

The chap who sits by us is well behaved - just very vocal. He never swears and we all have a good laugh at what he has to say.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
I'd ask why and what the complaint was about via the club.
They would have sent you a letter if there was a problem. Always used to anyway, I am told!

Offline simman

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »
Thought I would give you an update.
I took Dave's advice and contacted the club. I was called back by a guy called Paul who's the deputy security manager. He was really good and told me that if the steward was ok with me then it was good enough for him. He said that there had been complaints about bad language and abuse in the block which is why they had to take it seriously.
He actually said that he thought it was fine being loud and supporting the team as long as it doesn't cross the line into foul and abusive stuff and I get that totally.
He told me that if it helps the team win the next match, I should keep on being loud!! So for those of you that sit around me, sorry but you'll have to put up with me a while longer!! ;)
I'm much happier after speaking to him.
Thanks again for all your input and support. UTV. VTID.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
looks like you have a bit of a fan club on here mate, so carry on supporting

Offline Top Cat

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
Keep it up then simman!

Can't promise I'll join in but I'm glad that the club have given you the all clear so you feel happier about it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal