collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Buying tickets on the day.  (Read 2923 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Buying tickets on the day.
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
OK might seem a bit of a silly question for a so called fan. But what is the procedure for buying tickets at Villa Park on the day. Its probably 16 years since I have had to do it, before I moved down here. For the last 6 or so seasons for the 4 to 5 games I have travelled up to, the tickets have been bought in advance by other family attending. Therefore, although I am registered on the ticket office site, I have no booking history. If I get the things I need to do on Sat finished early, I am contemplating driving up with MVjunior for the QPR game, but it will be a last minute decision, with little time to spare. Do I need a history of some sort. If I need ID, this will show a South East address. Can I just turn up at the ticket office, and if so, how long will it take. I obviously dont want to do a 350mile round trip if I am going to have difficulty getting in. Also anybody have any clearer idea whether this may be a sell out. Might seem a stupid comment for a QPR game, but I suspect there will be a big trowd for this one considering it's importance.

PS. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:33:19 PM by maidstonevillain »

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Buying tickets on the day.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »
Can't see you having any trouble getting tickets for any areas. You go to the ticket office in the North Stand car park for purchasing tickets. However, if you want to purchase tickets over the phone and pick up on the day you can collect from the Trinity Road ticket booth 3 hours around 3 hours before kick off

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Can't see you having any trouble getting tickets for any areas. You go to the ticket office in the North Stand car park for purchasing tickets. However, if you want to purchase tickets over the phone and pick up on the day you can collect from the Trinity Road ticket booth 3 hours around 3 hours before kick off

I would be amazed if it was anywhere near a sell- out , 35000 maybe?

Offline maidstonevillain

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »

I would be amazed if it was anywhere near a sell- out , 35000 maybe?

OK thanks folks. I wasn't sure whether you may need I/D nowadays. It's along time sice I've bought football tickets on the day. I still reckon it's going to be a 40000 plus crowd.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »
Turn up and pay at one of the ticket booths.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:36:35 PM »
Have a look on Viagogo. I expect that there's some real bargains to be had for this one.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »
Have a look on Viagogo. I expect that there's some real bargains to be had for this one.

£18 + BF is the lowest on there.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:39:53 PM »
Free pie.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »

£18 + BF is the lowest on there.

That's surprising. I was expecting some to be around a tenner

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
Think 36 or 37k will be about right for this. QPR have sold out their allocation haven't they?

Offline maidstonevillain

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »
Think 36 or 37k will be about right for this. QPR have sold out their allocation haven't they?

I still think it will be more than that. I live in a village just outside Maidstone. OK, it's not a small village, a few thousand people. But I am aware of two other Villa families (dad and son) travelling up for this one. That does not include the chap in the Villa top I occasionally see in the chip shop on Saturday evenings, who I think is a season ticket hoder.

Offline steffo

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »
This might still be valid.................

Celebrate National Apprenticeship Week with Discounted FA Premier League Football Tickets at Aston Villa

The National Apprenticeship Service has teamed up with Aston Villa FC to provide discounted match tickets for Apprentices and their Employers when
Villa take on Queens Park Rangers in the FA Premier League on Saturday 16th March, 3:00 PM kick off at Villa Park Stadium.

If you are an Apprentice or an Apprentice Employer then why not take advantage of this exclusive offer.

Tickets are priced at just £15.00

Tickets will be for the Holte End Lower at Villa Park, tickets for this section of the ground usually cost £31.00

To book your ticket please contact the Aston Villa Booking Office on
0800 612 0970 and quote ‘APPRENTICE’ to receive your discount.

Offline maidstonevillain

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »
Not sure whether I will get up there, but decided to book the seats in any event. K6 here we come. Most blocks are now limited availability, and many dont have 2 seats together.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal