collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anti De-press-ant  (Read 3763 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline eastie

Re: Anti De-press-ant
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
Fair enough report on things .

Offline glasses

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »
Your last sentence is something along the lines of what my Baggies colleague was saying last week. We look to have realised early enough that we are in trouble, and the noises from the club seem to show that we know we aren't 'too good to go down'. Compare that with what Wolves seem to be saying as they are hurtling towards oblivion.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
I detected a couple of nods of respect to Randy Lerner and Gabby which may not be the popular view but I think were correct. I think if I had an obligation to write something sane and balanced about the Villa to be printed every Monday I would have topped myself before the Christmas decorations came down.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »
We were actually going to have post-goal muzak? Ugh...

Also, what's the difference between evinced and evidenced?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 12:41:39 PM »
de

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »

We did in one game a few years ago against Arsenal I believe.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »

We did in one game a few years ago against Arsenal I believe.
They played Chelski Dagger as I remember, almost caused a riot (well kind of)

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »
So Randy has not took his 20 Million quid out of the club last year, top man.   Does that mean he usually takes 20 Million a year or is that 20 million over a period of years?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
So Randy has not took his 20 Million quid out of the club last year, top man.   Does that mean he usually takes 20 Million a year or is that 20 million over a period of years?

He has taken nothing out of the club. That's the interest on the remaining loans he made to the club, he's waived it.

Do you honestly think he could have taken 20m out of the club every year? He's spunked the best part of £200m away on us. He's never going to get that money back again.

Offline Villadroid

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »

He has taken nothing out of the club. That's the interest on the remaining loans he made to the club, he's waived it.

Do you honestly think he could have taken 20m out of the club every year? He's spunked the best part of £200m away on us. He's never going to get that money back again.

The £20m is an accumulation of interest on his loans to the club.

I seem to remember that he did take £5m out in one set of accounts.

As for his £200m, well, Lerner bought a British sporting, cultural and historical icon, which was always going to cost him money.

If he'd bought the Royal Opera House he would have had to pay a £28m a year subsidy, I think Villa is up there with Covent Garden, so justifies an equal subsidy.

The Royal Opera House needed a £214m renovation in 1999, so compared with that Lerner is quids in.

Do you think opera buffs feel as guilty and beholden to the sponsors of their chosen leisure activity as Villa fans seem to?

I very much doubt it, I think they are more likely tell themselves that it is their right because opera is special.

Isn't Villa just as special.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
Good article Dave.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »
Good article but I do have some concerns if that photograph of Villa Park was taken by somebody supposedly in charge of a motor vehicle.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
Good article, as ever, Dave.

After I had parked up near to J11, at a cost of just £8, my elder son (24) and I caught the park & ride into the town centre, paying a £3 family return, to meet our London based Villa mate (Pat, aged 29) who had travelled on the train from Paddington. After a couple of drinks I 'adopted' Pat as my other son and the three of us got back on the bus as a slightly larger 'family' to go back to the stadium. After the game Pat needed to get back to the station so he had, and used, the 'family' ticket for the third journey (don't think he gained any more 'family' on the way!). So six 'people journey's' for a total of £3 equated to just 50p per journey, which I thought was decent value. ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:08:26 PM by BC54 VFC »

Offline danlanza

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »

The £20m is an accumulation of interest on his loans to the club.

I seem to remember that he did take £5m out in one set of accounts.

As for his £200m, well, Lerner bought a British sporting, cultural and historical icon, which was always going to cost him money.

If he'd bought the Royal Opera House he would have had to pay a £28m a year subsidy, I think Villa is up there with Covent Garden, so justifies an equal subsidy.

The Royal Opera House needed a £214m renovation in 1999, so compared with that Lerner is quids in.

Do you think opera buffs feel as guilty and beholden to the sponsors of their chosen leisure activity as Villa fans seem to?

I very much doubt it, I think they are more likely tell themselves that it is their right because opera is special.

Isn't Villa just as special.
Spot fucking on Villadroid. Well said.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal