collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: More interested in booze and abuse than football  (Read 6515 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: More interested in booze and abuse than football
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
I went yesterday with a girl from Reading...fortunately she'd been in the Villa end before so knew what to expect but many of our lot were on top form, especially with racism. I honestly didn't think we had a racism issue but I do now.
As I have said before it is still there with a small minority as a matter of course but tends to become more prevalent with larger groups after drink. I have been at the wrong end of it at our away games from our scum more than VP in the recent past. However it is at away games that you have the toxic mix of more alcohol and aggressive fans in a confined space.  I can genuinely say that I do feel comfortable at VP nowadays even without colours. Something that has taken a long time to get right.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 01:22:34 PM »
I went yesterday with a girl from Reading...fortunately she'd been in the Villa end before so knew what to expect but many of our lot were on top form, especially with racism. I honestly didn't think we had a racism issue but I do now.
As I have said before it is still there with a small minority as a matter of course but tends to become more prevalent with larger groups after drink. I have been at the wrong end of it at our away games from our scum more than VP in the recent past. However it is at away games that you have the toxic mix of more alcohol and aggressive fans in a confined space.  I can genuinely say that I do feel comfortable at VP nowadays even without colours. Something that has taken a long time to get right.
It is long overdue. Thing is Aftab, there still seems a low turn out from the Asian community considering the local population.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
Oh well don't get me going on "locals" not supporting Villa. Whilst people of my generation had a genuine racism fear now days that is no longer an issue. The problem is that  whilst over 90% of the Asians (males) love football majority are  f  in gloryhunters and I do hate them for that. They are in and around me friends family etc and I detest them when it comes to discussing football and I annoy them intensely by refusing to have a debate. I only have to hear " I support Manu " and I feel physically sick.  OK rant over!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
There was an agressive reaction when we got the equaliser, as the section nearest the Reading fans on the right hand side surged towards the barrier.

On reflection I would rather have a mardy bunch of fans that have goal music. I don't think I have ever seen a camper sight than 20,000 people all mincing to the darts music and shouting "oi, oi, oi!".

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 02:45:28 PM »
We were right next to the fence behind the goal, the bloke in front of me spent most of the game communicating with the Reading fans, but in good way, he was constantly shouting at someone he seemed to have befriended and eventually exchanged scarves with him, at the whistle they were shaking hands over the dividend fences, almost brought tears to my eyes.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2013, 03:38:10 PM »
Didn't see any trouble as such yesterday, quite a few inebriated fans but hey what's new.
There was banter with Their lot particularly after both goals , then I saw one pissed up fan goading there fans after the game near the villa coaches.
Other than that seemed fine at the WMP that travelled up id say had a fairly relaxed afternoon.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »
That Blade is on a right cushy number, getting paid to watch the Villa in his hi-viz jacket every week.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal