collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: More interested in booze and abuse than football  (Read 6516 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
More interested in booze and abuse than football
« on: March 09, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
I can't get my head around the way some of our supporters behave at away games**.

Yet again I was in an area with some people who were far more interested in abusing the home fans than watching the game. One bloke in particular kept up a stream of swearing directed at the Reading fans. This was only interrupted when he turned his attention to abusing the referee and players (of both teams). I'm not even sure that he saw the goals because he seemed to spend most of the time staring/gesturing at the home fans.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd had an extensive vocabulary of swear words but it was just 90 minutes of cnut, wanker and fcuk.

He missed the first five minutes of the second half because he had to get in one more beer.

I wonder if these people are arseholes all week or whether they just become this way at football matches.

(** yes, I know, every club has them but I only have to put up with our knobheads)

Offline eastie

Re: More interested in booze and abuse than football
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:54 PM »
It's sad that a few people like that spoil things for the majority .

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »
It's always been the same. Just ignore them and concentrate on supporting the team.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »
You're going to love going to Stoke with me.

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 08:09:34 PM »
It annoys me, but I console myself with the fact that it must be much worse for the 5 or 6 decent Small Heath fans that exist.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
there are many great things about following Villa away......unfortunately the lottery of who you might be sat next to isn't one of them.  The majority of away trips are great but every now and again there are a few drunken idiots who are only interested in kicking off.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
there are many great things about following Villa away......unfortunately the lottery of who you might be sat next to isn't one of them.  The majority of away trips are great but every now and again there are a few drunken idiots who are only interested in kicking off.

"Drunken idiots kicking off" sounds like a great idea for half-time entertainment in the centre circle!
Winner is the one who manages to play the ball forward and stay on his feet.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »

"Drunken idiots kicking off" sounds like a great idea for half-time entertainment in the centre circle!
Winner is the one who manages to play the ball forward and stay on his feet.

Would certainly be better than zorb racing

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »
The games I've been away to over the last couple of seasons have all been quite pleasant. West Ham away 2 seasons back was the last time I got lumbered next to some asshole who didn't watch the football for a minute, just kept his neck at 90 degrees abusing west ham fans, I was embarrassed for the man more than anything he looked the wrong side of 50.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 09:54:27 PM »
In general I'd say I'm more interested in booze and abuse than football.

But I don't go to any away games so it's not really much of an issue.

Offline atticus snood

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
Hasn't this been the away game experience for the past 50 years?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »
There was a lad I worked with in the Company's training department in the early 80's who was also a Villa Fan. However there was a big difference between me and him. On Monday morning following a home game I wanted to talk about what happened on the pitch but this lad had absolutely no idea even though he was at Villa park. All his match day experience was based around how he abused, kicked and punched some away fan. How many fights he got involved in and how funny it was to be held at Queens road for 24 hours. He couldn't name any of our players or had any idea about the score or result of the match.

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:56 AM »
This topic seems to be a common thought amongst us. A small minority caysing grief for everyone else. I dare say that all it will take is a few good home fans to pick them off and maybe they won't do it again when they realize they are on their own

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »
In general I'd say I'm more interested in booze and abuse than football.

But I don't go to any away games so it's not really much of an issue.

You're joking, right?

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
It's global and not restrticted to football - just returned to my hotel from University Oval, Dunedin where England got a relatively alarm-free draw after a poor first innings effort but yesterday (Saturday) was notable for some kiwi youths who just wanted to be off their faces and shout inanely "xxxxxx (whichever cricketer was fielding nearest) on the piss" made even worse by the whining accent.
All forgiven at 4.00am watching events from Reading on Sky NZ !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal