collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bannan and Ireland  (Read 16332 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Bannan and Ireland
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 05:16:19 PM »
Bannan for me is better than Holman. That's his place in the squad - the forward looking, hard working midfielder (as opposed to the break-up-and-go of Sylla and Delph, or Westwood's deep-lying pure continuity). He did play a bit further forward at times yesterday, and benefited from the physical presence of Sylla next to him. Injury or no injury, the time out appears to have done him good as well and he looks useful again.

Agreed, that's definitely the role he should be playing and, if we're going to play Gabby and Weimann wide of Benteke in attack, he offers a lot more protection that Nzogbia, meaning that we should be picking between them depending on the game.

Offline eastie

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2013, 05:20:46 PM »
Bannan for me is better than Holman. That's his place in the squad - the forward looking, hard working midfielder (as opposed to the break-up-and-go of Sylla and Delph, or Westwood's deep-lying pure continuity). He did play a bit further forward at times yesterday, and benefited from the physical presence of Sylla next to him. Injury or no injury, the time out appears to have done him good as well and he looks useful again.

Agreed, that's definitely the role he should be playing and, if we're going to play Gabby and Weimann wide of Benteke in attack, he offers a lot more protection that Nzogbia, meaning that we should be picking between them depending on the game.

For me the front 6 would be if all available with bent and nzogbia capable of coming off the bench to influence things-

Westwood.    Sylla

Weimann      Delph.       Gabby

Benteke
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:41:31 PM by eastie »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2013, 05:21:58 PM »

For me the front six would be if all available with bent and nzogbia capable of coming off the bench to influence things.

Westwood.    Sylla

Benteke

I think Delph and Sylla should be fighting for 1 spot.

Offline eastie

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »

For me the front six would be if all available with bent and nzogbia capable of coming off the bench to influence things.

Westwood.    Sylla

Benteke

I'm not sure paul, I think Delph looks decent as an attacking midfielder and would offer more in that role than bannan .

Early days with sylla and he needs a few games to get used to the league but a promising start.

Also with the likes of bannan, nzogbia, bent on the bench there is plenty of scope to tweak things.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:26:05 PM by eastie »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »

Westwood.    Sylla

Benteke

Are you going to sell tickets for that bout?!

I think eastie has got the line-up right, although I'd like to see Herd being given a game at RB (to rest Lowton).

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »
What's up with Herd?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
My problem with Bannan is that when he's shit, he's embarrassing to watch and when he has a decent game, he can can only keep it up for about an hour before he starts making mistakes and giving the ball away. Also, apart from the odd decent punt, his dead ball deliveries are generally poor.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2013, 10:04:01 PM »
What's up with Herd?

I'm glad it's not just me wondering that. I thought maybe he was the one involved in the alleged drink drive whilst banned incident.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
What's up with Herd?

I'm glad it's not just me wondering that. I thought maybe he was the one involved in the alleged drink drive whilst banned incident.

Someone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two Herd some things. 

Offline pedro25

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »

Westwood.    Sylla

Benteke

I'm not sure paul, I think Delph looks decent as an attacking midfielder and would offer more in that role than bannan .

Early days with sylla and he needs a few games to get used to the league but a promising start.

Also with the likes of bannan, nzogbia, bent on the bench there is plenty of scope to tweak things.

I tend to agree, what a shame El Ahmadi and Holman appear to have very little to offer, I had high hopes for both.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal