collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 12:33:39 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:30:37 PM]

VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:20:28 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 11:44:42 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 12:33:39 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Monty
[Today at 12:33:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:30:37 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by eamonn
[Today at 12:27:20 PM]

Re: VAR by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:27:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:20:28 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 12:15:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa senior boys this season  (Read 5784 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Villa senior boys this season
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 09:57:50 AM »
Vlaar disappoints me.

As has been said, he looks like a hard bastard, its about time he started acting like one.   

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »

Did Vlaar have injury problems at Feynoord?
To my knowledge he didn't, so for him to be labelled 'Injury Prone' by some it a touch unfair, too.

He's 28 and only played 159 games in 9 years.

Is this right? Jeez, knock 3 years off his age and that's still a poor return

Offline nigel

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »

Did Vlaar have injury problems at Feynoord?
To my knowledge he didn't, so for him to be labelled 'Injury Prone' by some it a touch unfair, too.

He's 28 and only played 159 games in 9 years.

Is this right? Jeez, knock 3 years off his age and that's still a poor return

3 seasons injury free at AZ, 10 appearances. This was due to the coach keeping with experienced players.
So you can really dis-count the 3 seasons at AZ
5 seasons at Feynoord, 132 appearances. He missed almost 2 seasons with 3 ligament injuries. His final 3 seasons at Feynoord were injury free.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he was injury prone, it's just that when he has an injury he's out for a while.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 09:03:18 AM »
Gabby offers next to nothing.

I genuinely don't get this "he's one of us" thing that seems to make him exempt from the need to deliver.

He's a poster boy for our delusions of adequacy this season.

If he's one of us then he should start sitting in the holte for games. He did absolutely nothing on Monday.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 09:14:36 AM »
I would love to see Gabby have his best game for 3 seasons on Saturday, tearing Reading a new arsehole and bagging a couple of class goals.
Same against QPR and Bindippers and then to score the winner against Wigan last game.
 Oh how quiet some would be.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
I would love to see Gabby have his best game for 3 seasons on Saturday, tearing Reading a new arsehole and bagging a couple of class goals.
Same against QPR and Bindippers and then to score the winner against Wigan last game.

I've backed Gabby all season but it does get to a point where you think what does he actually offer. He's in the media every week saying how much he loves the club and wants to keep us up but then come match day he contributes nothing time and time again.
Maybe he's been mismanaged and played out of position or maybe he's just not that good.

I too would like nothing more than to see him tear Reading a new one on Saturday but sadly I doubt that he will.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »

I've backed Gabby all season but it does get to a point where you think what does he actually offer. He's in the media every week saying how much he loves the club and wants to keep us up but then come match day he contributes nothing time and time again.
Maybe he's been mismanaged and played out of position or maybe he's just not that good.

I too would like nothing more than to see him tear Reading a new one on Saturday but sadly I doubt that he will.
We will have to wait and see. I hope he has a stormer and carries that on for the rest of the season. Doubt it, but it would be good to see.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »

We will have to wait and see. I hope he has a stormer and carries that on for the rest of the season. Doubt it, but it would be good to see.

Absolutely,  I'd love to see him just get the ball and fucking run at them every time. He's more than capable of scaring the shit out of Reading.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal