collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pravda  (Read 6445 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Pravda
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »
I don't go on 'Pravda' any more.

Why do we call it that anyway?

It is the official organ of The Factory of Sadness (Carbon Neutral)

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »

I wouldn't have that poor sod's job for a gold pig.  Imagine having a year trying to spin McLeish's performances into something positive, only to then be followed with Mr "We Go Again".  Must be like trying to make Ed Milliband sound charismatic or George Osborne vaguely intelligent.

That's exactly it, though.

He's sat there, tasked with churning out content, and not sounding like a miseryarse.

He's probably one of three people at the club who are forced to pretend everything is great, all the time. Him, Faulkner, and Lambert.

Actually, the marketing bloke also will have to. Imagine his face when he has to start pushing the button on all that "Lambert's Lions" bullshit. No wonder he slips into humiliating nonsense like referring to Spurs as "giants" or talking about the "Theatre of Dreams" and all that bollocks.

I reckon he knows it'll piss people off and is just doing it to make his day more bearable.

I genuinely mean this, but if that was my job, I'd amuse myself by slipping shit like that into the OS, and then sitting back with a cup of tea, and watching this place to watch people go batshit about it.

My gripe with that is that it can't do the morale of the players any good to have our own in-house media department bigging up the opposition left, right and centre.  Houllier noticed it when he was here and I read on one of the Villa media staff's blogs how Houllier told off the media guy for making Spurs sound like "monsters".

If I was the manager of Villa I would get the media guys in for a quiet chat and tell them in no uncertain terms that getting into our players' faces and bigging up the opposition is a huge no-no. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »
I never use the main site.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
To be fair to the OS, I like how it's extremely easy to book tickets and see my account history.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 11:25:01 AM »
I would be surprised if any of the players go on the OS and even more surprised if going on it and seeing the oppostion being built up into Brazil 1970 affected them mentally.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »

I wouldn't have that poor sod's job for a gold pig.  Imagine having a year trying to spin McLeish's performances into something positive, only to then be followed with Mr "We Go Again".  Must be like trying to make Ed Milliband sound charismatic or George Osborne vaguely intelligent.

That's exactly it, though.

He's sat there, tasked with churning out content, and not sounding like a miseryarse.

He's probably one of three people at the club who are forced to pretend everything is great, all the time. Him, Faulkner, and Lambert.

Actually, the marketing bloke also will have to. Imagine his face when he has to start pushing the button on all that "Lambert's Lions" bullshit. No wonder he slips into humiliating nonsense like referring to Spurs as "giants" or talking about the "Theatre of Dreams" and all that bollocks.

I reckon he knows it'll piss people off and is just doing it to make his day more bearable.

I genuinely mean this, but if that was my job, I'd amuse myself by slipping shit like that into the OS, and then sitting back with a cup of tea, and watching this place to watch people go batshit about it.

My gripe with that is that it can't do the morale of the players any good to have our own in-house media department bigging up the opposition left, right and centre.  Houllier noticed it when he was here and I read on one of the Villa media staff's blogs how Houllier told off the media guy for making Spurs sound like "monsters".

If I was the manager of Villa I would get the media guys in for a quiet chat and tell them in no uncertain terms that getting into our players' faces and bigging up the opposition is a huge no-no. 

Houllier was a fine one to talk, the Anfield sign tapping twat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal