collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Macron sale  (Read 12542 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Macron sale
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »
I think we were all impressed by the Macron promo vids at the time, but eye brows were raised as soon as details of the finished article were released. The design, colours and quality of the final product(s) leave much to be desired especially when these were the main unique selling points they were trying to promote.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
I bought the home shirt.
Returned it when the logos fell off after 5-6 washes and got a replacement.
I'll buy the away one at some stage hopefully for a good bit less than £20 to keep the collection going.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
I bought the home shirt.
I'll buy the away one at some stage hopefully for a good bit less than £20 to keep the collection going.

When the chevrons fell off my hummel I lost the will to live.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
I bought the home shirt.

I take it you got over it and rediscovered your will to live ?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »
I bought the home shirt.

I take it you got over it and rediscovered your will to live ?

No.

I am one of the living dead.

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 03:06:51 AM »
Not a fan of Macron or any of their stuff. As others have said it looks dire and more suited to a Championship team (insert relegation joke here)

Would be happier with Puma or Reebok. Adidas and Nike manufacture for too many clubs and you end up getting the sample templates over and over again.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
I reckon they'll be giving this stuff away soon, Villa should definitely re-negotiate if they plan to stick with Macron, I'd want more money and quality assurances. Like a lot of people I tend to buy either a home or away shirt most seasons but pre season I got one of those sky blue polo shirts pre that disintegrated after a couple of washes so I didn't bother with the rest. It is not their designs as such, it's just shoddily made tat. In their defence they put a lot of effort into the launch, the bogey shirt was innovative and at least they managed to get the home kit in the shop before the season started.

Of the alternatives: Reebok were pretty good as were Umbro and Le Coq Sportif, Nike obviously offer a shit deal if you're not a top side and stick you at the bottom of the pile for service but their shirts don't fall to bits so over time the club would sell more. I can't understand why we have never tried to get Adidas or Puma in? I always thought it was a prestige thing with Adidas but they make Stokes kit so they can't be fussy anymore and Claret and Blue Sambas would shift like hot cakes.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
@KT Couldn't agree more, I said it to the woman in Villa Village and she said well maybe it was Nike that got it wrong..No love it wasn't Nike

Well a quick glimpse through the retro strips should have been enough to remind the bimbo that none of them had sleeves in a poncy shade of near lilac.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »
Why don't we just go back to the 70's design for home and away? Round badge as well. Grumble, etc.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Why don't we just go back to the 70's design for home and away? Round badge as well. Grumble, etc.

Wouldn't that be sweet! Get Umbro back as well!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
It's nothing to with us trying to get anybody. At the end of the day Macron offered us more money than anyone else, we don't name the price. Have to agree, the stuff is pretty crap. My Missus who hates football commented on how chavvy it all looked.

Offline Chrisupnorth

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »

Wouldn't that be sweet! Get Umbro back as well!

Having been bought by Nike (primarily for the valuable England contract), Umbro as a brand won't be around for much longer.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
I'm yet to meet anyone who's bought either a replica shirt or some general merchandise and not had an issue with it.

I agree that Macron are rubbish, but I wouldn't want Adidas to make our kit as I'd hate to see their stripes go down our sleeves. It would ruin the look of the shirt. Personally I'd want Umbro.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
I'm yet to meet anyone who's bought either a replica shirt or some general merchandise and not had an issue with it.

I agree that Macron are rubbish, but I wouldn't want Adidas to make our kit as I'd hate to see their stripes go down our sleeves. It would ruin the look of the shirt. Personally I'd want Umbro.

I've always said that Macron are the worst kit supplier out there. Cheap and nasty and fit for non league teams. So it's anyone but Macron for me. Love to see Umbro reproduce their 70s/80s Villa kit.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

Apologies for going off-topic, but your username is excellent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal