collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Ticket guess the price thread.  (Read 39513 times)

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Season Ticket guess the price thread.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »
I've sat in DE Upper for years. Where's the Lion's Club?

It's the old Dr Targett suite, Witton Lane, right by the entrance to P8.  Accessible for a small fee before and after the game and at half-time.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
Weird and worrying to report that I probably would get a season ticket for the Championship, but not for the PL. Reason? Too obvious? 3.00 Saturday kick offs plus almost no TV coverage.

A few people are saying this but I'm not sure that will be the case. They'll be more midweek games for a start and take a look at how many times previous big fish like Newcastle and West Ham in the championship were chosen by Sky either on Friday night or Saturday at 5.20.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
I've sat in DE Upper for years. Where's the Lion's Club?

In the Lion's golf bag

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »
They wouldn't have the nerve to increase the price if we went down. Even this lot wouldn't do that.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »
They wouldn't have the nerve to increase the price if we went down. Even this lot wouldn't do that.

"Great news Villa fans! 23 games for the price of 19!"

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »

"Great news Villa fans! 23 games for the price of 19!"
Yes, 23 games against the likes of Barnsley,Huddersfield and Charlton.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »

Doug did

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
Weird and worrying to report that I probably would get a season ticket for the Championship, but not for the PL. Reason? Too obvious? 3.00 Saturday kick offs plus almost no TV coverage.
That's fine Paul, if you don't mind the relentlessly shit football.
Most teams in that division are hoof merchants.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
Would imagine price freeze unless we win the next 6 & are guaranteed safety before prices announced :-)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 09:45:41 AM »
Any of you P8 crowd ever come in the Lions Club? We are in there nearly every game.

I'm not in P8 but i popped into the Lions Club a year or so ago. I can't remember what game it was but it was the day the Stripeyfilth beat Wolves 5-1. It was ok for a one off, i don't think i could go in there every game.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »
If they are getting all this money next season ( If we stay up )   , why should they go up ?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
I must admit I've never even noticed the Lions Club. I must walk about with my eyes closed (confirming what my mom always told me). I've seen the doorway halfway up the stairs to the Targett Suite but that looked a no go area.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
Will the club continue the massively reduced prices in section P8 for next season or even offer it in other sections?  I assume every seat in P8 is held by a ST holder?  If so what chance any of these seats becoming available for those of us who missed out last year?  Just seems a little unfair to other ST holders (particularly those 5 or 10 years plus) who couldn't get one last year if they continue the really cheap price in that section for next season.  Don't want to sound too much like a moaning git but just want a bit of balance and fairness applied for all ST holders.  Maybe a ballot for this section if available again next season?  Thoughts welcomed.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 06:55:53 PM »
Will the club continue the massively reduced prices in section P8 for next season or even offer it in other sections?  I assume every seat in P8 is held by a ST holder?  If so what chance any of these seats becoming available for those of us who missed out last year?  Just seems a little unfair to other ST holders (particularly those 5 or 10 years plus) who couldn't get one last year if they continue the really cheap price in that section for next season.  Don't want to sound too much like a moaning git but just want a bit of balance and fairness applied for all ST holders.  Maybe a ballot for this section if available again next season?  Thoughts welcomed.

Those seats went on sale when a great deal of season ticket holders were threatening not to renew, sometime around March I think. Sorry to say but it was the early bird that caught the worm.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »
I'm surprised that the club hasn't announced an early bird deal for next year already - they must realise how badly affected season ticket sales will be if we go down and I'd have thought they'd want to tie as many in as possible while there's still the chance we'll stay up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal