collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs that have been relegated  (Read 20300 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Clubs that have been relegated
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few QRP players have release clauses in the contracts

Yeah there's bound to be. Samba for one and Remy i would have thought.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
Selling Samba would cost QPR a fortune. 3 and a half years left on a £100,000 contract that they’d need to pay off, on top of a huge fall in income, a need to trim the squad and small attendances that will get smaller still.

They’ve played kamikaze economics with their wage bill and will be in an even bigger financial mess next season than they are in now. 

As a point, its interesting to note that the level of negativity on here is such that should the Villa go down (we won’t) then we’re doomed, but should a complete basket case of a club like QPR go down (they will) then they will walk the Championship.

Offline eastie

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
Probably due to the fact that qpr owners are mega rich and prepared to spend big whereas our owner seems to have lost the desire.

Maybe they can afford to lose the money whereas it appears the lerner pursestrings are somewhat tighter.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:49:33 AM by eastie »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 10:48:42 AM »
Yes, things at QPR are so much better than Villa. Where everything is shit, shitter than shit and its never been quite so shit.

McGrath give me fucking strength.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:25 AM »
As a point, its interesting to note that the level of negativity on here is such that should the Villa go down (we won’t) then we’re doomed, but should a complete basket case of a club like QPR go down (they will) then they will walk the Championship.

Another thing to consider is, would Redknapp want to manage in the Championship? I doubt it somehow, he's ego's too big.

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »
Everything at villa is not shit, we are in a relegation fight and we can get out of it - we are not down yet although some seem to be giving up the fight - the next 3 games will be crucial - we can do it , i think we have a 50/50 chance .

Offline eastie

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:26 AM »

Another thing to consider is, would Redknapp want to manage in the Championship? I doubt it somehow, he's ego's too big.

I think hes already said he would stay , his ego may be big but his wallet is bigger - harry would be on mega money to get them up and have a better squad than most - he will stay on .

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
I think if we go down we'll struggle massively to come straight back up. That is purely down to the ownership not understanding what it takes to have a successful team at any level. If we had an owner with any footballing sense a club the size of Villa would dominate the Championship and be straight back into midtable Premier League in no time.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »

I think hes already said he would stay

Harry says a lot of things, not all of them true.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
Oh and QPR are in much bigger trouble than Villa regardless of what happens this season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »

I think hes already said he would stay

Harry says a lot of things, not all of them true.

Surely you not referring to uncle arry as dishonest ?  He is the very epitome of a fine upstanding cockney  ;D

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Benteke and Weimann would definitely be off if we go down, and without those two we'd be lucky not to face another relegation battle into League 1.  Other than maybe Guzan they're the only dependable Premier League quality players we have, and most of the rest aren't even good Championship level.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
Benteke and Weimann would definitely be off if we go down, and without those two we'd be lucky not to face another relegation battle into League 1.  Other than maybe Guzan they're the only dependable Premier League quality players we have, and most of the rest aren't even good Championship level.

I think Weimann would stay.

I cannot see us coming straight back up if we go down.

Offline peter w

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
Don't agree Risso. I think Weimann would stay. I don't think his career has progressed sufficiently for him to walk into another Prem team. He's only juststarting out on an international career so i do not think he's at the stage where walking out is an option. i think we'll start with Weimann and Gabby up top and buy players to feed them.

As for paulie leeds did sttract players but because of their debt they had to sell quickly and that destabilised their team. We are not in the same position/. Also, if a player had a level playing field choice between Villa and Leeds it is likely that they would choose us.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:39 AM »
So not only have we written off the final quarter of this season we're already doomed for evermore!

Besides, Why list just the relegated sides from just the last six seasons? The season before that Sunderland and Blues came straight back and Albion came close but lost in the play-off final!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal