collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Clubs that have been relegated  (Read 20249 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Clubs that have been relegated
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 10:03:01 AM »
Not really. We're likely to go down this season IMO. Our goal difference is a mill stone around our neck. We keep conceding late goals (conceding full stop) and any side with a defence that concedes go down. That won't change now with 11 games to go and although not donme and dusted I think we will go down.

At that stage I will be asking pelty to ask his dad and his dad's mate to resign and never return to Villa Park.

Who is pelty?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
If QPR go down, they'll go bust.

No they wont , they have mega rich owners and the quality of samba , remy etc could easily be sold to recoup the outlay, qpr if they go down will walk the championship next season .

Fenandez has already stated he and harry would remain and they would be  far better bet than us to get promoted if both go down.

Having mega rich owners is only of use if they're prepared to put an endless sum of money into the club. We've no idea if that is the intention with QPR yet.

For all their recent spending, the owners might be expecting it to be paid back through the evolution of the club - ie they're maybe seeing it as an investment rather than a bit of fun.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
Eastie, he's the General's son.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »
I suspect this is a discussion for early May is it not? A highly likely discussion granted sad to say...

I think it's definatley a discussion for May. Hopefully it's a discussion which won't be needed.

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »

Thanks pauline  ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:15:02 AM by eastie »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
I think we'll come straight back up. Not just through claret and clue spectacles but because we will be biggest club down there. We will be the biggest draw in terms of getting the right players to get us back up and our team will have another year together. It won't be easy and I'm not suggesting for one second that we will be getting 100 points plus and belting teams left rigth and centre. But we will go back up.

Weren't Leeds the biggest club down there when they got relegated, though? And look what happened to them.

Our financial situation might not be as bad as theirs was, but we're really not in a good position at the moment, and relegation would only make it worse.

Newcastle came back up because they held on to the real PL quality players they had in the squad, whilst using it as a way of getting shot of lots of dross.

Our squad contains too many players who aren't really proven in the top flight, and our better players are far less likely to want to stay around and play in the Championship.

I too think we are going to go down, and I don't for a moment buy this "successive relegations" thing some people are touting, but I think it'd be dangerous to assume we're going to swat teams from our path and storm the league - mostly because we'll have a lot of players who are actually of a championship level.

Offline eastie

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
We saw at millwall the sort of game we can expect , the championship is a league where you have to scrap and fight your way out , i am not convinced we are going down but i think its 50/50 at the moment - time is running out though and we need to start winning .

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
Thanks pauline  ;)

Tsk.  You knew all along.

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »
Thanks pauline  ;)

Eastie likes to keep a veil of secrecy regarding he who shall not be named. :)

Online Clampy

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:32 AM »
Thanks pauline  ;)

Everyone know's who Pelty is.  ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »
Thanks pauline  ;)

I prefer to call him todd, pelty is just a username, although respectfully i prefer to call clampy by his username rather than call him rupert. ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:31:39 AM by eastie »

Online Clampy

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »
Thanks pauline  ;)

I prefer to call him todd, pelty is just a usename.

Yes i know, you said earlier.

Offline Boz

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
I think we'll come straight back up. Not just through claret and clue spectacles but because we will be biggest club down there. We will be the biggest draw in terms of getting the right players to get us back up and our team will have another year together. It won't be easy and I'm not suggesting for one second that we will be getting 100 points plus and belting teams left rigth and centre. But we will go back up.

Weren't Leeds the biggest club down there when they got relegated, though? And look what happened to them.

Our financial situation might not be as bad as theirs was, but we're really not in a good position at the moment, and relegation would only make it worse.

Newcastle came back up because they held on to the real PL quality players they had in the squad, whilst using it as a way of getting shot of lots of dross.

Our squad contains too many players who aren't really proven in the top flight, and our better players are far less likely to want to stay around and play in the Championship.

I too think we are going to go down, and I don't for a moment buy this "successive relegations" thing some people are touting, but I think it'd be dangerous to assume we're going to swat teams from our path and storm the league - mostly because we'll have a lot of players who are actually of a championship level.

I agree, we have a team that is primarily of Championship level players, as the class ones will depart, either of their own volition or the club's desire to sell them.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few QRP players have release clauses in the contracts

Offline eastie

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few QRP players have release clauses in the contracts

I would be , although maybe QPR players might have.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal