collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cote d'Azure Villans  (Read 2504 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Cote d'Azure Villans
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
I'll be working at the IPMC at the Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne between the 2nd to the 16th March and was hoping to catch Villa Man City on Monday night. I'm staying in Antibes but can travel as long as I don't get lost. Anyone near by fancy a small continental beer and Villa ( providing l,m not invited to dinner as its my first day in the lab)? Or any recommendations were I should watch it in Antibes?

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
Re: Cote d'Azure Villans
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »
In 1997 there was a Brit bar in Antibes called La Gaffe but I dunno if its still there and if it is I dunno if it shows football.
You're welcome.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
You lucky bastard.

Antibes is one of my favourite places in the world.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »
You lucky bastard.

Good to hear.  Was 5c earlier in the week though!

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
You lucky bastard.

and mine

Online martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »
Dont tempt me.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »
Dont tempt me.
You dont want to be tempted for beer?

In my apartment on balcony having filled the fridge with beer and cooked up a Morocan style stew. Offers still open and suggestions still welcome!

Cheers!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »
I always watched TV games with Pierre the proprietor of the Cafe de L'Eglise under the arches at the top of the Old Port in Nice.   Loves English football, speaks perfect English, great food very reasonable prices.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »
I always watched TV games with Pierre the proprietor of the Cafe de L'Eglise under the arches at the top of the Old Port in Nice.   Loves English football, speaks perfect English, great food very reasonable prices.
Is that the rectangular port around the corner from the head of the bay?

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 08:46:20 PM »
In Antibes, La Gaffe is still there; just opposite is The Blue Lady. Both are run by English people, and easy to walk to from the train station. There are a load of bars in the harbour. The Hopstore is very good. All of these will show the football. Antibes is quite studenty (SKEMA, also in Sophia, has most of its students living there) so beer prices should be ok.

In Cannes, you have the choice of Morrisons and The Quay (same owner), Kingdom Bar or Ma Nolan's. The ma Nolan's is new in Cannes, but has been in Nice for a long time. If you go to Cannes, I'd recommend Kingdom or Ma Nolan's.

I used to be the Chairman of the French Villa Lions, but now live in Germany. I also know the area quite well as I used to live in Grasse, so please let me know if you have any questions. Your Uni is very close to SKEMA, and I studied there so can also advise on lunchtime haunts.

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »
In Antibes, La Gaffe is still there; just opposite is The Blue Lady. Both are run by English people, and easy to walk to from the train station. There are a load of bars in the harbour. The Hopstore is very good. All of these will show the football. Antibes is quite studenty (SKEMA, also in Sophia, has most of its students living there) so beer prices should be ok.

In Cannes, you have the choice of Morrisons and The Quay (same owner), Kingdom Bar or Ma Nolan's. The ma Nolan's is new in Cannes, but has been in Nice for a long time. If you go to Cannes, I'd recommend Kingdom or Ma Nolan's.

I used to be the Chairman of the French Villa Lions, but now live in Germany. I also know the area quite well as I used to live in Grasse, so please let me know if you have any questions. Your Uni is very close to SKEMA, and I studied there so can also advise on lunchtime haunts.
Thanks Tim, I'm staying at the Pierre & Vacances Premium Port Prestige about 2 mins walk from their so will check them out on the way to the lab.  Getting the bus to Skema so will have a nose around. Just know they will be full of fucking Mancs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal