collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Before football started in 1992.  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Before football started in 1992.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
I tweeted him and his response was "I always walk past the McGregor stue and think I wouldn't be doing this without you, so thanks".  Henry Winter has gone up a lot in my estimation today !!!

I have generally found Henry Winter to have a healthy respect for the club and our supporters.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:07 PM »
In my view, Henry Winter is an increasingly rare specimen - measured, articulate and not pandering to populist tastes. He'd better not disillusion me and ghost write Wayne Rooney's next autobiography. Though he can be excused on the grounds of having bills to pay.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
I tweeted him and his response was "I always walk past the McGregor stue and think I wouldn't be doing this without you, so thanks".  Henry Winter has gone up a lot in my estimation today !!!

I have generally found Henry Winter to have a healthy respect for the club and our supporters.

Me too.

The only blot on his record, in my opinion, is his fawning love for Martin O'Neill.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:19 PM »

I once wrote to him to complain about an article he wrote saying why it would be a good thing if Brian Little went from being the Villa manager to Newcastle - there must have been some rumour doing the rounds at the time - and he wrote me a personal response in which he apologised and agreed with everything I said about why Villa were a bigger club etc! I've liked him ever since

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »

I once wrote to him to complain about an article he wrote saying why it would be a good thing if Brian Little went from being the Villa manager to Newcastle - there must have been some rumour doing the rounds at the time - and he wrote me a personal response in which he apologised and agreed with everything I said about why Villa were a bigger club etc! I've liked him ever since
yeah, and he probably wrote another article somewhere else saying the opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal