collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where will we be in a decade's time?  (Read 16473 times)

Offline Irish villain

Re: Where will we be in a decade's time?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »
Had a nightmare last night....

Yup, we went down. I was with Fergal in the dream as we watched Wigan beat Man City as we could only draw with some non-descript shit team. It was horrible and so vivid.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
In ten years time, I wager Swansea will be a "remember when they were in the top flight?" club.

It happened to them before, so could well happen again.  What I meant was that in ten years they have gone from staying in the Football League on the last day of the season to where they are now and have done it through a bit of forward thinking when it has come to managerial appointments, the way the club is run and the style of football they play.  If we could apply a similar approach (if we had done it when Lerner first arrived we wouldn't be in this current mess) then we could be in a decent place in ten years.     

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
In the prem . After dropping to Division two in 4 seasons and then working our way back up with Guardiola as manager  and Bill Gates as new owner since 2017 .

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »
It is impossible to know, I mean we might see King Williams and Prime Minister Cameron do a deal with one of super rich businessman to buy Aston Villa in return of the right for some new fad invention. He might have the wealth to outspend Chelsea and Manchester City.

I don't even know what I will be doing in 13 years time. I mean if you told me I will be dancing with lot of pretty ladies and travelling a lot and work as postman in 13 years time when I am 27 I wouldn't believe you.

Offline eastie

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
It is impossible to know, I mean we might see King Williams and Prime Minister Cameron do a deal with one of super rich businessman to buy Aston Villa in return of the right for some new fad invention. He might have the wealth to outspend Chelsea and Manchester City.

I don't even know what I will be doing in 13 years time. I mean if you told me I will be dancing with lot of pretty ladies and travelling a lot and work as postman in 13 years time when I am 27 I wouldn't believe you.

You will still be dancing the night away Michael,  you old rascal!

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2024, 02:36:58 AM »
SUPERBUMP

I wouldn't normally bump a thread this old, but this is now just over 10 years (nearly 11) since the start of the thread.

Did anyone guess that we'd be owned by and Egyptian and American billionaire, and managed by a Basque genius; currently in The Top 4 and winning an FA Cup tie?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2024, 07:35:34 AM »
Irish Villain, Fergal and me are in tears right now, thinking of the lack of January business and the new badge. Salt tears.

Come for the scoops, stay for the friendly atmosphere and lively banter. Biscuits.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2024, 11:52:01 AM »
Salsa Party Animal! What a frickin' legend. Hope he made it to Blackpool Tower Ballroom.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2024, 12:01:17 PM »
SUPERBUMP

I wouldn't normally bump a thread this old, but this is now just over 10 years (nearly 11) since the start of the thread.

Did anyone guess that we'd be owned by and Egyptian and American billionaire, and managed by a Basque genius; currently in The Top 4 and winning an FA Cup tie?

All that, yes, would have been totally guessable.

Beating Man United at home, though......

Offline Mellin

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2024, 04:38:43 PM »
I don't think I'll be bothered, I'll have a nine year old who will probably be a Sheffield United fan and I'll have lost the will to live following Villa for all those years.

We will probably have been relegated and won our first piece of silverware (the Championship title or Play-Off Final), we'll have a season where we dare to dream and then fall off and finish 9th. Then a season where we thought we'd be relegated and finish, 9th. Then a season where we think we'll finish 9th and finish 9th. And we'll all be arguing the same old shit on here for days, weeks and months on end.

Plus we'll remember the 40th anniversary of having won the European Cup, which will have returned as a splinter tournament run by the teams that haven't defected from their own countries to form the Blatter Trophy sponsored by Ford/Amstel/Continental.

Great shout in the middle paragraph.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2024, 05:08:39 PM »
Actually, reading back - it's incredible how much I got right.   :o

Page 4!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 05:12:28 PM by Tokyo Sexwhale »

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2024, 05:55:30 AM »
2034. I will be retired and singing 'ten times we've won it...'

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2024, 09:09:20 AM »
Actually, reading back - it's incredible how much I got right.   :o

Page 4!

Ha brilliant. I was impressed until I saw the edit date.  ;D

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2024, 10:39:39 AM »
In ten years time, I wager Swansea will be a "remember when they were in the top flight?" club.

Spot on there
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 11:10:24 AM by LeeB »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2024, 11:20:47 AM »

Spot on there

Said 3 days after they won the League Cup. Which makes today 11 years after the semi-final.

Next up in 2034, Brentford. I'll be glad to have forgotten that sub-Pulis Stoke garbage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal