collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I Am Hurting Today....  (Read 11223 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: I Am Hurting Today....
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
I truly hope Bradford can do it.  Was listening to an interview on 5live earlier with Terry Yorath about the fire in 1985.  Truly emotional stuff.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
I truly hope Bradford can do it.  Was listening to an interview on 5live earlier with Terry Yorath about the fire in 1985.  Truly emotional stuff.

It's one of the reasons i'm as chilled as I am about today. I remember watching that as it happened and it still disturbs me.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
Dont mind who wins , im looking forward to watching the game , i like both teams and its nice to see  a final without the so called big 4.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »
Good luck to Bradford - it happened, we lost, move on.

We've got more excitement with a relegation battle to look forward to. Bradford will be jealous.

Mumbles?

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
Let them enjoy their day good luck to either side

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
Good luck to Bradford - it happened, we lost, move on.

We've got more excitement with a relegation battle to look forward to. Bradford will be jealous.

Mumbles?

A lot of sarcasm was put into that post. I'm gutted we're not there too to be honest.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
It's bloody bitter out, better to be at home in the warm than freezing our bollocks off in London.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:19 PM »
I nearly bought a flight home for this weekend when the draw was made. The prices put me off in the end. How shit would it have been to still be here, on the back of what happened, losing to Arsenal and then having to sit through today?

Looking back as crap as it will feel, we've got to finals before, played better teams and won. We've got to them before and lost, so there's no exact science on how you get there, or how we'll perform on the day. We need to worry about staying up now as depressing as that sounds. I'll just watch the highlights of today's game now instead, but for the two teams that are there and their fans I hope they have a cracking day out whoever wins.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 02:00:23 PM »
Today is a very very bad day for all of us. A win yesterday could have softened the blow but here we are!
In the Arsenal match programme they had an article about Ted Drake's 7 goals at VP in 1935 and how the press described Villa as having a wretched season full of record negative results. Feels like we are there again.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:17:28 PM »
It's bloody bitter out, better to be at home in the warm than freezing our bollocks off in London.

Hours in traffic or on train trying to get there - hours in car park trying to get out or wait for a train on a freezing platform.

Best part of £200 saved.

Not having to moan about stupid prices for drinks and food.

Not having to stand up to see the game because even though they spent £900 million or more they couldn't employ an architect who could work out the correct height to put the seats at. Or queuing for toilets that overflow despite all the money spent.

Not having to endure another poor referee giving us nothing.

Not having to endure a load of Welsh sheep worriers singing bloody hymns and f**ing arias.

I'm sorry younger H&V readers won't have the same experience we had as youngsters - but then I remembered 0-0 vs Everton.

Different priorities this season - and if we don't stay up at least we will have some good cup games next season, if we draw a Premier team, who won't fancy a trip to Villa Park.

Just putting on my tin hat! Yes I know I'm now a miserable old bugger!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »
I have to be honest.....listening to 5 lives build up to the Cup Final is painful.....

No offence intended, Kippax and other weepy Wembley missers, but man the fuck up / borrow a pair / strap one on / whatever.

We got to the semi final, we didn't reach the final. We were shit across two legs of the semi final, and that's why we're all at home rather than at Wembley today.

It happens, we've done it god knows how many times before. I'd rather we'd gone through, but hey ho, we didn't.

Surely we've got enough competing reasons to feel suicidal about Villa already? In particular the one we seem to be en route to encounter in 11 games time.

Offline ez

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
I'm not hurting. We would be the underdogs today and theres every chance we would have lost. People will say its a day out but with the cost i just don't enjoy it when we lose.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 03:34:28 PM »
I'm not sure this post will help but this has been my least enjoyable season ever since following villa in 77/78.
Wretched season, team and manager.

Offline eastie

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
I'm not sure this post will help but this has been my least enjoyable season ever since following villa in 77/78.
Wretched season, team and manager.

I will reserve judgement until may but it is certainly in contention, whatever happens in the last 11 games its been a huge disappointment this season and i will be glad to see it end.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
Hearing Barry Fry waffling on is painful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal