collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I Am Hurting Today....  (Read 11218 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

I Am Hurting Today....
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
I have to be honest.....listening to 5 lives build up to the Cup Final is painful.....

Offline eastie

Re: I Am Hurting Today....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:08:12 PM »
I have to be honest.....listening to 5 lives build up to the Cup Final is painful.....

Open a bottle of wine and stick on a dvd of one of our cup final wins - you will feel better for it my friend!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »
It is very painful not only was this a great opportunity, but also the league is looking very bleak as well.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:41:48 PM »
Absolute joke that we are not there today. Yet the person responsibile is still in charge and is going to take us down  Pathetic!

I feel really angry today

Online tomd2103

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Saw a bit of the build up earlier and it just reminded me of what a big chance we missed out on and I still find it hard to believe that we were beaten by a League 2 team over two legs. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »
It's crap we aren't there today but hardly the end of the world. I hope the Bradford and Swansea fans have the time of their lives. For us it would have 'just' been another cup final, for them it's the biggest day of their supporting lives, and may well be the biggest they'll ever have. We'll have more finals.

Offline eastie

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 01:00:17 PM »
Who knows how long it will be before we get such a chance to win a wembley cup final again - 17 years so far since the last trophy and could be a lot longer yet.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »
Probably in the minority here but given the situation we're in currently i'm not too bothered. Teams that get to the final often find their league form disappear - would we have beaten west ham or drawn with everton with players trying not to get injured for the final? Not to mention injuries on the notorious tiring wembley pitch. Just have to look at TSM's win with small heath to see it can affect your league form. If we stay up, then i'll be happy with the trade off.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:03:49 PM by Greg N'Ash »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »
Who knows how long it will be before we get such a chance to win a wembley cup final again - 17 years so far since the last trophy and could be a lot longer yet.

And since then 2 finals and a few semi finals. Most people think we are complete wank this season and we still reached a SF. How many have Swansea and Bradford reached in the last 50 years? Or 100?

Offline regular_john

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 01:05:54 PM »
It's crap we aren't there today but hardly the end of the world. I hope the Bradford and Swansea fans have the time of their lives. For us it would have 'just' been another cup final, for them it's the biggest day of their supporting lives, and may well be the biggest they'll ever have. We'll have more finals.

In the last 12 years we have competed in a grand total of 2 cup finals, winning neither. Today isn't 'just' another cup final, it's a golden opportunity that we pissed away.

Offline eastie

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »

And since then 2 finals and a few semi finals. Most people think we are complete wank this season and we still reached a SF. How many have Swansea and Bradford reached in the last 50 years? Or 100?

Winning trophies is what we all want , sods law that we would have got and probably beaten swansea this year having played chelsea and man u in our last two finals.

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »

In the last 12 years we have competed in a grand total of 2 cup finals, winning neither. Today isn't 'just' another cup final, it's a golden opportunity that we pissed away.

Agreed , it was a final we would have had a real chance of winning .

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »
Good luck to Bradford - it happened, we lost, move on.

We've got more excitement with a relegation battle to look forward to. Bradford will be jealous.

Offline myf

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
we weren't good enough to beat a league 4 side over 180 mins. we don't deserve to be at wembley

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »

Winning trophies is what we all want , sods law that we would have got and probably beaten swansea this year having played chelsea and man u in our last two finals.

It's what I want too. We've blown plenty of other chances over the years, but we'll also keep having more chances, Bradford and Swansea quite possibly won't. So for their fans i'm delighted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal