collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will you be watching....  (Read 29408 times)

Offline mattjpa

Will you be watching....
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »
....the cup final next weekend? I saw an advert today for the final next week and got an aching pain knowing we should be there. For that reason I won't be watching, it will be like trying to watch match of the day after getting smashed 8-0 - I  just won't bring myself to do it. How are you all feeling?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Will you be watching....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
Not a chance

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
I'll be watching it, at least the final isn't two teams I can't stand so I will be able to enjoy it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:20 PM »
I'll be watching it. It pisses me off we fucked it up, but it's not exactly the first we've done that. It has been a long time since there has been a cup final where I don't mind who wins and will be happy for either when they do win it. Some of the Bradford fans will have been at Valley Parade in '85, and some of the Swansea fans will have been at the game when their league survival was on the line about a decade ago. For all of them i'm delighted they are there.

You can tell Villa haven't played this weekend and we won our last game, means i'm totally rational.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
There is no chance I'll be able to watch it.
The bitterness is eating me up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
I will watch it, assuming I don't have anything better to do.

I hope Bradford win it, but either them or Swansea would be decent winners.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
The companies with the TV rights must be very pissed off that the final will be contested between two tiny teams that hardly anybody supports, nobody else cares about and few mainstreamers have even heard of. In an effort to pump up possible viewers, they will advertise the shit out of Villa's failure/ Bradford's 'heroics'. Anyone with the mission statement Bright Future therefore has to resign in utter shame.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »
Like any final nowadays will watch if I genuinely have nothing else to do. Watched Rascist v Taffs last year and obviously Villa v Man Ure. Watched most of Fulham v Athletico in 2010.

Other than that saw last half hour of Heathens v Arsenal same Man U v Barca 2011 in CL and also last year's FA Cup Final.

That is about it since 2009 (FA Cup and European Cup).

Don't mind who wins - both sets of fans give a shit about it.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
Despite the awfulness of our exit, I have no axe to grind with Bradford City. They deserve to be there and I think they and Swansea will produce a very good final. If I'm near a TV, I will watch it.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »
I'll be watching it. It pisses me off we fucked it up, but it's not exactly the first we've done that. It has been a long time since there has been a cup final where I don't mind who wins and will be happy for either when they do win it. Some of the Bradford fans will have been at Valley Parade in '85, and some of the Swansea fans will have been at the game when their league survival was on the line about a decade ago. For all of them i'm delighted they are there.

You can tell Villa haven't played this weekend and we won our last game, means i'm totally rational.

You're talking like some sort of kind bender.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 09:54:33 PM »
I hope Bradford do it, but I'll be happy to hear about it on the the news on Monday morning.

Offline atticus snood

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »
Is it on Sky? If it is, no.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »
If its on terrestrial I'll watch it, be great to see a final without any of the usual tedious suspects in it.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »
I'll Sky+ it and if I get half hour to spare I might fast forward through it. Genuinely couldn't care less about who wins it. The same can be said for the FA cup, Champions League or any other competition for that matter.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
Come on Matt it's time to dust ourselves off and move forward, I feel its my duty as a football fans to tune in to see if Bradford can make history and complete the story. Sadly I think Michu and co will be ruthless and it will be a no contest like that time Man U played Millwall in the FA Cup final. It does hurt, we could have taken care of Swansea given the two results against them this season but it was not to be. Our time will come again and it will feel sweeter because of this season's fuck up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal