collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moan About Tickets  (Read 18074 times)

Offline levico

Re: Moan About Tickets
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
I'm in the away scheme and have to send back some tickets [eg Newcastle on a week night]. They are supposed to turf you out if you send more than three tickets back but they show no signs of really doing it. They ought to be glad for all the fans they can get given the quality of football these days.

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »
The same has happened to me for the Reading game. You can get tickets yourself for the home end online , you just have to register on their website. Last night it was saying there were only 34 seats left in the ground though. Another way is through Viagogo, Reading take part in that, as we do. A bit more expensive with their add on fee but a possible way in all the same.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 04:17:13 PM »
One thing that does annoy me about the ticket office is how far in advance they put away tickets on sale. They've put the details up for Stoke away up on the site today and it's not until April.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
I've got an account with Reading still and have been once or twice in recent years (I live in Farnborough) and if it hasn't sold out I couldn't probably get a home end ticket if you want mate?

I'll message you!

Have replied.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
One thing that does annoy me about the ticket office is how far in advance they put away tickets on sale. They've put the details up for Stoke away up on the site today and it's not until April.

Out of interest Clampy, what are the details for Stoke away? The Stoke game is listed on the ticket site but when I try to access it, it tells me I don't have the correct privileges. (Which, as ever, is bollocks)

Have we taken the full allocation? Are they on sale now..? Need to get four and if we've only taken the 1400 again, with Arsenal and Reading sold out, I'll have to get in quick I'd imagine.

Online Clampy

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

Out of interest Clampy, what are the details for Stoke away? The Stoke game is listed on the ticket site but when I try to access it, it tells me I don't have the correct privileges. (Which, as ever, is bollocks)

Have we taken the full allocation? Are they on sale now..? Need to get four and if we've only taken the 1400 again, with Arsenal and Reading sold out, I'll have to get in quick I'd imagine.

I don't know, it won't let me access it either. That happens from time to time though.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
I've been after an Arsenal ticket for over a week, the game having apparently sold out after we took a miserly 1,400. However, it appears there are still at least a coach load of tickets left, but you have to pay £100 for "executive travel", which will no doubt be a programme and chicken in a basket thrown in. 

Offline arnie66

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:31 AM »
The website is incredibly frustrating....for example

logged in this morning to see the criteria for Stoke tickets - but only get the message that I do not qualify yet, there is however nothing to tell me when I will qualify

Wanted to buy an extra ticket for Liverpool home as close as I can get to my seat in B2 ....but the interactive seating plan is not showing.....whilst it is for other games

I tried the 'closest seat to' and it tried to sell me my own season ticket seat

For a high profile company like Villa this is a piss poor effort

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »
Just spoken to the TO about the Stoke game.

They say that tickets are not on sale yet and probably won't be until next Friday (the person I spoke to had to find this out from a sheet of paper because there's no information at all yet on their computer system).

I said that the ticket website was very misleading with regard to the Stoke game and also out of date (ie the ticket page of the OS is still advertising the West Ham game.)

I asked for the name and number of the person in charge of the ticketing section of the website but the TO refused to provide the information.

As arnie says above .......... piss poor effort.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
I actually got a call from the Villa this morning offering me a ticket but I told them I was sorted.  Still fair play to them for getting back to me.  It's only been 3 days.  They also assured me that my booking history is now up to date so that's good.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:44:51 PM by not3bad »

Offline Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Bought tickets last year to Man City away and coach travel. Got to villa park on the day and they'd lost the tickets and we had to go and queue at Man City to be given new ones. When I got home there was an email from the club giving me and two friends tickets in the hospitality bit - the restaurant in the corner where you sit out on a balcony to watch the game - for the inconvenience. Fair play to them for that, they've really gotten better over the last few years in the ticket office and with customer relations.

Offline placeforparks

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

it says they've taken an allocation of 1,240 for stoke away on a saturday 3pm!

Online Clampy

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »

Yeah i saw that earlier. We'll get more than that eventually surely.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »

Just seen that and came on to post! Are they mad?! Arsenal and Reading have sold out with weeks to go, Stoke's cheaper and closer than both and we've got nearly seven weeks to sell them. We'd definitely shift the full allocation. Let's hope the tickets for this one go as quick as they did for the Boxing Day fixture and we take the full lot of tickets. Then again, they didn't last time..!

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
Where are you seeing this allocation news ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal