collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moan About Tickets  (Read 18099 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Moan About Tickets
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
When we played there a couple of years ago - when Harewood scored!!! Pat MacMahon couldn't get a ticket with us in the away end so he joined the Reading supporters' club and ordered a ticket in the home end.

Until I went to China I was constantly being spammed byReading who had me down as a member - as Chico rightly points out I joined just for that 2008 game and membership was free. I managed to get a ticket right next to the away end too so it was as painless as it could be.

With a Reading address this should be easy for you. Their fans were decent too so it was not the worst afternoon in the world.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:09 PM »
I sat in the Reading end in 2007/08 (I think we won 2-1) - I was in the block next to the away end and cheered both goals without any stick from the locals.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
Reading could still end up being midweek and there will probably be returns then. It's cup quarter-final weekend, not that they're expected to get through against ManU.

Offline Andy1874

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:22:48 PM »
The same happened to me whilst trying to get bradford away tickets. By the time i phoned up to get tickets, it had sold out.

Nothing but a 'im sorry sir' from them, its really not good enough.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:10 PM »
Reading could still end up being midweek and there will probably be returns then.

That would suit me as it's only up the road from me.  But it's unlikely as you say.

Offline Ego Uhiogu

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
I've got an account with Reading still and have been once or twice in recent years (I live in Farnborough) and if it hasn't sold out I couldn't probably get a home end ticket if you want mate?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40:09 PM »
I've got an account with Reading still and have been once or twice in recent years (I live in Farnborough) and if it hasn't sold out I couldn't probably get a home end ticket if you want mate?

I'll message you!

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:06 AM »
I'm not in the away scheme and do them all bar 3 or 4 every season. You just have to keep an eye out for on sale dates and ring as soon as they go on sale. I'm lucky now that im always in the first allocated on sale date such is my history.

For the few games I miss, I'll give my reff to a close mate.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
Reading could still end up being midweek and there will probably be returns then. It's cup quarter-final weekend, not that they're expected to get through against ManU.

Are they allowed to change the date of the fixture once tickets have been sold?

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »
I had the same problem with the online booking system saying I didn't have the necessary one away match to qualify for the Reading game. I have five!  When I phoned I was told the client accounts hadn't been updated and he did it on the spot and also checked my sons' accounts.  That is fine but it suggests there had been a system malfunction and some if not all client accounts had been set to zero even though they appeared accurate when you check your account.  It would be an idea to call and ask them to check yours.
The site still says tickets are on sale for the Arsenal and Reading games until you try to book online and you get nowhere!

Offline tonypvilla

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
I'd like to know which doughnut thought 1,400 tickets was enough for Arsenal.

Sheffield Utd took 1440 to Shrewsbury on Saturday for a league One game

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
I'd like to know which doughnut thought 1,400 tickets was enough for Arsenal.

Sheffield Utd took 1440 to Shrewsbury on Saturday for a league One game

At the time Villa had to commit to the tickets we were still hopefully of being in the cup final that weekend and the Arsenal game would have become a midweek fixture, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »

Are they allowed to change the date of the fixture once tickets have been sold?

Think they must be because Ive been caught out a couple of times when dates have changed. It's no problem getting your cash back but it is when you've booked train tickets etc.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
The same happened to me whilst trying to get bradford away tickets. By the time i phoned up to get tickets, it had sold out

Lucky sod.

Offline Simon Jones

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Rang and got my four yesterday at 9.05 am

The guy said they only had 30 left then so not surprised they sold out

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal