collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why do you sit where you do ?  (Read 11425 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Why do you sit where you do ?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
It is good to see another stand singing which is something to thank O'Neill for, and with great coverage by the TV cameras you normally see them singing which looks like its creating an atmosphere. So I do like the Lower North. Never been in it though.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »
Back row of the Upper Holte! Great banter and singing. Decent people all around, too.
I only get to VP a few times a season and have sat all over the place but Sunday was the first time I'd sat near the back of the Upper Holte.
I'll definitely be sitting there from now on. Not quite as much fun as an away day but it was the first time in a few years that I haven't had to suffer some miserable bugger moaning all game or until we score.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
Started in the Holte (just below where the police used to make their "box"; about '79 did 2 seasons in the Witton End; then Upper Trinity (Witton side) a few times, Lower Holte a few times; only once in the Witton Lane Upper about 4 years ago near the Holte (which was awful).

Now ST in A2 Upper Trinity. Fantastic view; can hear the Holte, Lower Witton and opposition. Plenty of room (unfortunately) but little atmosphere. Suits us as my lad can't take the really packed vociferous matches due to his autism.

If he wants to go again next season will renew; if just me will go back to the Holte - possibly up by the Brigada fellas for the craic

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »
One thing I used to like about my seat in A3 was the array of moaning bastards who sat in that block.

I'm partial to a moan myself, but it was like sitting with 100 Gregs. Some of it was very, very funny, mind.

It's really about the people around you as much as it is where you are, I think.

When we went to the CCC final, we saw loads of people from our block in A3 around us at Wembley - it must have been to do with releasing the tickets in blocks according to ST position at Villa Park.

It was nice. The match, not so nice, mind.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
Trinity behind the dugout, maybe a little bit low down, but you really feel part of the action and the general p*sstaking has kept us sane during the last couple of years.

Made some good mates sat there too.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:56 PM »
Currently in Witton Lane P8 due to the great price. Although I have to say the view is good and the banter with the away fans can be fun

Have had ST in upper and lower holte, upper North Stand and Upper Trinity

What are the stewards like up there, do they let have the banter or are you always being told to to chill out, I've always fancied it up there.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:51 PM »
Witton Lane Upper when I plan to go (1-6 per season) as my mate and his extended family sit there and can always have a chin wa before (occsionally during) and at half time. Great view not cheap though.

Upper Holte went 2 years ago - great view but outgrown the youthful exuberance / industrial nature

If it a spur of the moment then wherever - nowhere I haven't sat / stood since I first went down.

Still a great great ground just wish the atmosphere was better. No fault of the fans mind. The place rocked to the nights we played Arsenal in Dec 07 and Dec 08 (Boxing Day).

Offline chrisf

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:05 PM »
One thing I used to like about my seat in A3 was the array of moaning bastards who sat in that block.

I'm partial to a moan myself, but it was like sitting with 100 Gregs.
Confirmed my suspicion that the Trinity was negativity central. I thought it was B5 but sounds like A3 is the confirmed epicentre.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:46 PM »
Cheap seats! My boys were a we bit scared on back of holte for bradford semi. I loved it. Behind goal for whu in lower north (first time) crap view but screens help and seeing that 95 min corner up close and brads reaction after the wwhisstle was priceless. Despite being pissed wet through 3 young boys all crying at one stage, I loved it. Banter with barrell boys and singing. Don't care really I love going just wish I could more often

Offline simman

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
C5 Lower Trinity. Moved from Upper Holte 6-7 years ago, one of our mates is on crutches and couldn't manage all the stairs to the Holte.
Great view behind the dugouts and enjoy a laugh with a lot of good people round there.
Can't see us ever moving, which might disappoint a few!! ;)

Offline Benteke thump

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »

Happy enough in most of the stands. Tend to wind up
   in a different one every game. Although, the upper Doug Ellis
   can be just too quiet.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
Witton Lane Upper when I plan to go (1-6 per season) as my mate and his extended family sit there and can always have a chin wa before (occsionally during) and at half time. Great view not cheap though.

Upper Holte went 2 years ago - great view but outgrown the youthful exuberance / industrial nature

If it a spur of the moment then wherever - nowhere I haven't sat / stood since I first went down.

Still a great great ground just wish the atmosphere was better. No fault of the fans mind. The place rocked to the nights we played Arsenal in Dec 07 and Dec 08 (Boxing Day).

This season the atmosphere for the first hour of the Man United game and the first half of the Bradford game are some of the best atmosphere's I've ever been in.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »

I'm partial to a moan myself, but it was like sitting with 100 Gregs.
Confirmed my suspicion that the Trinity was negativity central. I thought it was B5 but sounds like A3 is the confirmed epicentre.

A couple of years ago when I was Upper Trinity it was great. The Wigan game (we drew 1-1) VP was it's usual not exactly rocking atmosphere at the time and there were a bunch of kids at the back of the Trinity. They just sang non stop for the last 15 minutes. From where I was sat you could see people in the other stands staring at the Trinity trying to work why it was the only stand singing. The club should have given those kids free ST up there.

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
 Used to sit in the lower Holte ,L4  a group of 8 of us from 94-95, now down to 3, & one of those comes up from Brighton.
 I,m just grateful for whatever I can get from Viagogo this season,.....

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
Used to sit in the lower Holte ,L4  a group of 8 of us from 94-95, now down to 3, & one of those comes up from Brighton.
 I,m just grateful for whatever I can get from Viagogo this season,.....

Sounds a bit like my group. Mid 90's we had about 10 ST in a row in the Lower Holte. Midweek cup games those that worked Saturdays would turn up and we'd drink in the Sacred Heart before a game. Anything up to 20 of us even for the likes of Peterborough, Chester etc in the LC. Most games this season me and my sister are the only ones of that group in the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal