collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: KEA 'I have developed a winning mentality.'  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
KEA 'I have developed a winning mentality.'
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
expressandstar.co.uk

Karim El Ahmadi: I've improved at Aston Villa

Villa midfielder Karim El Ahmadi today insisted the Premier League’s win-at-all-costs mentality has improved him up as a player.

Morocco international El Ahmadi became manager Paul Lambert’s first signing when he arrived from Feyenoord for £2m last summer.

The 28-year-old made his debut in the opening day defeat to West Ham and has gone on to play 19 times this season. And he says he now has a better understanding of what is required to compete as he prepares to face the Hammers when they visit Villa Park this weekend.

“I have learned a lot about English football from that first game. I have sensed here it is all about winning,” said El Ahmadi.

“When I was playing in Holland, if you lost, the Dutch players would say ‘we played well there’ but here in England it doesn’t matter how you play just as long as you win. If you get that victory it is OK. From the first game to now I have developed a stronger mentality towards winning which is a positive. That’s the big difference. Mentally you always have to be ready to win the games, be strong and have focus.”

Villa are currently two points adrift of safety in 19th place but, despite a season of struggles, El Ahmadi remains upbeat about their chances of beating the drop.

“I think that the players and everyone at the club knows what we have to do. We have to be ready for this battle from now until the end of the season,” said El Ahmadi.

“As players we all stay together and we are good team. It’s not like any players are alone. We are all together and that’s why I have the confidence we will get out of the relegation zone. We know what we have to do against West Ham at home. I made my debut against them and it would be nice to make amends for that defeat earlier in the season.”

El Ahmadi has just returned from the Africa Cup of Nations duty with Morocco – who were knocked out at the group stages after three draws - and insisted the style of football at the tournament bears comparison with the English top-flight.

“I think the Africa Cup of Nations is actually similar to the Premier League if you compare it. A lot of long balls and a bit of ‘fight’ football. But here the game is much quicker, also the weather much colder!” added El Ahmadi.

Offline neo_Villan

Re: KEA 'I have developed a winning mentality.'
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
Talking on the pitch please Karim.

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »
Talking on the pitch please Karim.

Exactly - sick of hearing villa players talk a good game this season - time to do it on the pitch - well said neo!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
I'm sick of people saying "Do it on the pitch" whenever one of our players does an obligatory bland interview for a local rag.

Offline Richie

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »
Developed a winning mentality ?

Has he even been involved in all 4 matches we have won ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »
I'm sick of people saying "Do it on the pitch" whenever one of our players does an obligatory bland interview for a local rag.

"Show me don't tell"

Yeah KEA, organise a fucking game right now, with I don't know, Stoke, at 13:36 on a Thursday afternoon to kick off at 14:00. Where you can start showing me instead of telling me and do some talking, on a pitch. You big twat.

Everyone of these interviews for the past 1000 years has had the same stock response.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »

Don't tell them, show them.

Offline supertom

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »
Urgh. I'd rather hear nothing from the players rather than crap like this. It makes the guy sound like an idiot too. If he's improved as a player he must have been awful before. And as for developing a winning mentality playing for a team who just can't win...yeah brilliant.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »

Don't tell them, show them.

Don't tell them to show them, show them how to show them.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Don't tell them to show them, show them how to show them

Don't tell me not to tell them to show them, show me how to not tell them.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
I wouldn't have a problem if he had come out with the usual upbeat bollocks. But speaking of a winning mentality when we can't buy a win at the moment FFS!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 02:58:31 PM »
You've all fallen for one of Mark's wind ups, you great bunch of divs.  As if a current Villa player would give an interview talking about a winning mentality.  Nice one Mark, you almost had me going as well.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »
Personally, I think it's brilliant.

Coming out with guff like that despite playing (badly) in team that wouldn't know what a win looks like if it came up and punched 'em in the face.

Offline supertom

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
Sometimes the way players talk also suggests they think they're doing okay. If KEA doesn't think he's got a hell of a lot of improving to do, then he'll never, ever make it in this league. He's a country mile from adequate at the moment. We need a lot more from him.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 03:02:20 PM »

"Show me don't tell"

Yeah KEA, organise a fucking game right now, with I don't know, Stoke, at 13:36 on a Thursday afternoon to kick off at 14:00. Where you can start showing me instead of telling me and do some talking, on a pitch. You big twat.

Everyone of these interviews for the past 1000 years has had the same stock response.
I like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal