collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unim-press-ed  (Read 5030 times)

Offline andyaston

Re: Unim-press-ed
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
The only thing I'd disagree with is that we didn't look like getting an equaliser against Newcastle. I thought that we looked destined for at least an equaliser and certainly deserved one, if not a winner too.

But otherwise spot on. We got January horribly wrong. Let's hope we live to regret it.
It's galling that a team like Stoke, who are utterly turgid, are not fighting for their life when we are. And all for the want of a quality (not neccessarily expensive) defender and midfielder.
I thought our play merited an equalizer against Newcastle and we certainly looked capable of getting one in the early part of the second half but, I still got the feeling that it was not going to be our night. Again!

Offline edgysatsuma

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Good read.

I want sausages.
Brown or red sauce, that is the question

Red is the answer. I don't know if it is an age thing but anyone i know who prefers brown is at least 35, I'm really not a fan.

Offline Mick 74

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
Never a truer word wrote.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 08:50:57 PM »
'Tell me why...'

All I can think of is that PL reckons the team and especially the midfield/defence will come good.  He must be seeing things at BH that give him cause for optimism. Everton was better. Just hope he doesn't run out of games.
Possibly why he didn't buy somebody else as well.

Offline sonlyme

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 09:16:28 PM »
Good well written article - if there is one line that encapsulates Villa's problems at the moment it is this one...

"The hard things seem to be easy and the straightforward ones almost impossible."

Surely it will turn - we can do the simple and right things when going forward - now can we do the same when we are running backwards.

I live in hope.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal