collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is Villa Park part of the problem?  (Read 12921 times)

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Is Villa Park part of the problem?
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:13 AM »
We need to make the place as nasty and hostile as we can. It's not nearly as horrible for away teams as it should be.

Every time this comes up I say the same thing - the players tunnel is at the wrong end of the ground, it should be by the Holte; so the away team does not see or hear a friendly voice until they have run the length of the pitch.
Unfortunately it probably cannot be changed.

That is something I've never thought of before. If you think about it, the first thing you would see as a player coming out of the tunnel would be the away fans. I really like the idea of the players coming out by the Holte end, I'm not sure if it could be done though.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
We need to make the place as nasty and hostile as we can. It's not nearly as horrible for away teams as it should be.

Every time this comes up I say the same thing - the players tunnel is at the wrong end of the ground, it should be by the Holte; so the away team does not see or hear a friendly voice until they have run the length of the pitch.

That is something I've never thought of before. If you think about it, the first thing you would see as a player coming out of the tunnel would be the away fans. I really like the idea of the players coming out by the Holte end, I'm not sure if it could be done though.
What about moving the away section nect to the Holte? More tickets would be sold in the Holte End and "banter" between sets of fans would increase.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »
Can't move the tunnel - so why not move the away fans? Maybe to the other end of the Witton - would make banter between them and the Holte 'interesting'!

Offline danlanza

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »
Can't move the tunnel - so why not move the away fans? Maybe to the other end of the Witton - would make banter between them and the Holte 'interesting'!
Would not be popular with the rozzers. Away fans stuck between the Holte and the rest of the Witton.?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
Finally the whole Stan thing. Yep we support him, yep we are 'great' for doing it but at the end the day he is well, very well looked after as is his family and I hope he continues to gets better. He is a multi million pound footballer with the best Healthcare so is in good hands.
On the pitch we have missed him the last year.  But please stop this Dianaesque tribute to him every game - he knows we are compassionate but I think at the moment it reinforces to the current crop an unfulfilled gap in the squad. It doesn't help.

Agree with your all of your points but this one in particular. It's great that we did it to start with and that we've continued to do it for so long, but he's well on the mend now and I don't think people will stop thinking of him because we stop the 19th minute applause. I remember against Reading, Stevens (I think?) got injured in the 19th minute. It looked quite nasty and the lad had to come off a few minutes later but everyone was clapping when he was lying on the ground. How disconcerting must that be for the player and the team as a whole?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal