collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many points will keep us up?  (Read 94423 times)

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
Re: Will 35 points keep us up?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »
Just done the predictor, 41 points. Easy.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »
I did the predictor up until the last game and had us on 35 going into the Wigan game. Reading were relegated and Wigan as good as. I also had us battling it out with Norwich and Fulham, with QPR and Southampton moving up the table.

We have 2 crucial double headers where we can and must get wins. The first being Reading away, Qpr home, then a few weeks later Sunderland at home, Norwich away. If we can get 12 points there, a few more draws, even a sock win, we would have it in our own hands going into the Wigan game.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
I did the predictor up until the last game and had us on 35 going into the Wigan game. Reading were relegated and Wigan as good as. I also had us battling it out with Norwich and Fulham, with QPR and Southampton moving up the table.

We have 2 crucial double headers where we can and must get wins. The first being Reading away, Qpr home, then a few weeks later Sunderland at home, Norwich away. If we can get 12 points there, a few more draws, even a sock win, we would have it in our own hands going into the Wigan game.

And you think we will start to win why?

We have hardly won any so far, but you expect us to start?

I hope I'm wrong but I can barely see us winning another game

Offline supertom

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
I can't see us suddenly finding the gumption or leadership to turn our form around. I think too if we were in the Championship right now in a similar position we wouldn't be able to pull it round. I don't think there's a club in the top two division right now who we could comfortably go and stamp our authority over.
We're awful and it's embarrassing and painful to watch.

I look at the rest of the fixtures and I can't see where the next win is coming from. I sound defeatist but with how dire we've looked, it can't find much hope. Football has a funny way of turning itself on it's head at times and maybe we'll suddenly ride a long streak of luck or something might click, but it's very unlikely.
Since the Chelsea game the way we've played consistently has been as bad a run as I've ever seen and I think (hope) will see again as a Villa fan in my life time. It's been repugnant. The lack of organisation, leadership, quality is frightening. Benteke offers some moments of brilliance but we pinning our hopes squarely on a young man's shoulders and we need more.

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
By my set of predictions, I have us finishing 19th on 33 points. 35 would be enough to stay up, but only just. Got it finishing as so:

14   Wigan    36
15   Fulham    35
16   West Ham 35
17   So'ton    34
18   QPR    33
19   Villa    33
20   Reading    29

Edit: That's with us taking a point at Wigan on the last day. A win would see us stay up (Wigan should already be safe then too).

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:36:20 PM by Darlo Dave »

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
I wouldnt fancy us going to wigan  on the last day needing anything .

I'd take it now though.

I would have taken it two weeks ago.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
35 points? We will be lucky to get 25 !

Seriously unless there is a massive change where is the next point even going to come from? yes its negative but at the moment is there any other way to be?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »
The problem with these predictors is that there are always surprise results. Obviously perception is also a big factor. Whoever's doing ok, you'll assume it will stay that way until the end of the season and likewise, if you're doing poorly you equally expect it to continue until the end of the season. Who could have seen Wigan picking up the wins they did at the end of last season?

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »

And you think we will start to win why?

We have hardly won any so far, but you expect us to start?

I hope I'm wrong but I can barely see us winning another game

We have shown signs of being able to win games recently e.g. first half of West Brom, a bit of fight in the 2nd half against Newcastle.

It's not been enough and we have to improve, but they are games we are capable of winning. In fact there are enough games against opposition we should be able to beat, that points in the games v Everton, Man Utd, Man City etc. would be bonus points.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
Where have we shown signs of being able to win?  We're leaking at least 2 goals a game,even against lower league opposition,  and how often have we looked like scoring 3 or more?  Our big opportunity to swing things the other way was the transfer window and I can't really see that anything Lambert has done in that respect is going to help us in either of those aspects.  For that reason, while I think 35 may well be enough to stay up, I honestly can't see us getting that many points.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 04:41:15 PM »
35 points? We will be lucky to get 25 !

Seriously unless there is a massive change where is the next point even going to come from? yes its negative but at the moment is there any other way to be?

How about positive?
Normally come February we have nothing to play for but mid-table place shuffling, or a half-hearted hope of Europe. And let's be honest we moan like hell even then, and meaningless games hardly get the adrenalin flowing.
Like the rest of you I don't want to see us where we are, but the only way now is to fight the fight head on in the one way we can, by getting behind the team. Forget what's gone on up to now, three months is a hell of a long time in football and we can't give up in February.
Back in the day, coming out of away grounds where we knew we'd come under attack there used to be a chant go up "All the Villa, stick together!"

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:50 PM »
I do think 35 will be enough this year, but I'm not sure we'll get it!!

Same.

As an aside, Wigan will be a horrible day as I really can't see nothing riding on that game. We'll take 5k up there, Wigan fans like running onto the pitch after their final game so if we go down I worry things will turn quite ugly.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
38 points needed IMO . Be great to start with a point or 3 tomorrow .
Come on villa !

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
38 points needed IMO . Be great to start with a point or 3 tomorrow .
Come on villa !

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »
The killer would be going down on goal difference which would sum up the season as Chelsea started all this turmoil.

I certainly wasn't thinking of relegation in the aftermath of Liverpool away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal