collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will You Be Renewing?  (Read 20444 times)

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

Re: Will You Be Renewing?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
The Division we are in (top flight, conference, whatever) has no influence on whether I go to the match or not. In fact the top flight is so numbingly predictable in many ways. It was more exciting when half the teams in the division started the season thinking they could win the title. I remember Forest winning the League straight after getting promoted -  no club will do that again unless lots of money is involved. I don't  want us to go down but it will make a change starting a season and knowing we could finish the season in any position (yes top, or bottom the way things are going!).

Offline freethinker

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »
I don't have a season ticket this year but I can safely say I will go to MORE games next season if we get relegated, especially away from home. It's not easy to explain but the shitter we get the more I feel the need to lend my support.

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »
The last two season have been shambolic but in a weird way may be more chance of me renewing in the Championship.

Get back to basics away from the limelight, develop a team spirit, a sense of pride in the shirt.

One thing's for sure, there's no value for a fan in being where we are now, getting humiliated and let down every week.

Yes, if we go down, we may fall further but we may also clear out the shit, get away from the tabloid jizz and just figure out who we are again as a club.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
I know what I will do but it doesn't pay to look too keen. We will expect prices to go down next year but they won't of course.

Your cheap seats in P8 probably won't DC5 but if they don't reduce the prices elsewhere then ST holders will leave in droves I suspect.  What do we have now around 22K ST holders?  That will probably go down to 15 absolute tops if we go down with average home gates around 24K I would suspect if we are in the Chumpionship.  On a personal not my own seat in Trinity lower would have to be no more than £400 tops for me to renew.  I think that's a fair price for that level of football.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »
50 years watching the Villa - 45 as a season ticket holder - categorically NO whether they stay up or not - have just about had enough of football in general with the overinflated salaries and admission prices it does not justify me spending £1000+ for the shit that is served up. My passion for the Villa has now dropped to the level of the players who pull on the famous Claret and Blue shirt - non existent. I knew for certain that it was the end when I came out of Villa Park after the Bradford game and I had no emotion or upset. In times gone by I was gutted if we lost any game never mind one of such importance. Villa has always been a large part of my life (Wedding Vows - until death or Villa do us part lol!) and I have travelled many miles and spent £1000's of pounds to away matches from top league to Div 3 but to quote from a famous song - It's time to say goodbye. (Proud History - Bleak future) Thank you Mr Lerner for losing interest it will save me lots of money in the future as I become part of your cost-cutting exercise. Rant over.

Agree with that. After the last 3 years of incompetence I'll not renew, especially as Lerner won't spend to help the club out in it's most desperate need for years. My money won't be wasted again and I'll only start to go when these muppetts have left the club. Bright Future eh Randy??

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Its work for me , busiest day and I can not afford to get staff in to replace me ,it would cost me double the ticket to go.

The problem is my son is 7 now and we have been talking about getting him one but I think I might wait another season yet.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
I don't have a season ticket this year but I can safely say I will go to MORE games next season if we get relegated, especially away from home. It's not easy to explain but the shitter we get the more I feel the need to lend my support.

My feelings exactly.

Online mrastonvilla

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »

This is me too, I will renew next season whatever happens. If we go down I will also probably go to the numerous away games that are local to me.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »

My feelings exactly.

Mine too , I don't get to many games distance and money reasons.But if we go down I will do my best to go to more to do my bit to get the club back up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
I didn't renew this year.

The Mrs had, at that point, the threat of almost certain redundancy hanging over her, and things were a bit touch and go for me at work, too, so while we were having to cut back on lots of things, it seemed unfair of me to invest the hundreds of pounds in the season ticket, plus the rest of the money involved in going to 20 odd football matches a season.

Given how horrendous the year before was, and the fact it had given me pretty much zero entertainment, it wasn't a tough decision to make. I have only been down a few times this season, and don't really regret not renewing.

It is easy to get out of the habit of attending matches if you haven't paid for them all months and months in advance.

Bizarrely, if we are relegated, I too would go to more matches, as finally, we'd have a chance of winning some of them, and it could actually be an entertaining season, in which we get to play different sides.

They need to be super realistic with the prices, though, certainly no putting them up, and I'd expect them to cut them significantly. I bet they don't, though.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
A couple of my mates asked me this morning how I would feel about life in the Championship and I responded by saying that over the last few years I’ve really lost the will to get to Villa Park. I mean what’s the point of driving 9 hours to see your team lose and not compete in any way shape or form.
Should we go down however, we will instantly become competitive once more and I’ll have some very convenient away games locating near the Channel Tunnel to boot. So in a perverse way (and a selfish way too), I’m looking forward to next season in the same way I did last time around.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
I will renew whatever league we are in. Firstly, I didn't stop having a season ticket when Doug turned the champions of Europe into a second tier side in five years so I won't give up now if Randy has turned a top six side into one. Secondly, I've given loads of stick to noses I know who have given up their season tickets after going down.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
Because of where I live and personal circumstances I can’t make many home games but I love going away and will make every attempt to get to as many as possible relegated or not. Running a supporters club helps as I feel obliged to go as I’m ordering tickets anyway. As Malcolm said I left the Bradford game feeling void of emotion but it’s been like that for a while, I treat games now like some social event where its good to have a few beers and meet some mates winning is a bonus…..actually scoring a goal is a bonus. 

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
I'd look foward to all the northern games on offer in the 2nd tier. Always more fun watching away than at home. Re the season ticket; not sure TBH.

Offline freethinker

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
One more thing, I started going down the Villa in 1986 and of all the seasons since then the one I look back on with the fondest memories is the season we spent in the second division. The camaraderie at the away games that season was something that I've not experienced in the Premier League.

Forget about Lerner and Lambert. This club is not about individuals. We will still be here long after they have gone. To all those saying they won't bother next season, you will miss out on something special and in years to come you will not be able to look back and say you were there in our hour of need.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal