collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will You Be Renewing?  (Read 20455 times)

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
Re: Will You Be Renewing?
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »
What was the bullshit on the Millwall thread?
Have a snoop around.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
Cant you past a link?

Its hard to faff about on a phone when you're watching a daft Tom Cruise film.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2013, 11:57:10 PM »
Cant you past a link?

Will deal with it next week. The main thing is the bullshitters know who they are.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Cant you past a link?

Will deal with it next week. The main thing is the bullshitters know who they are.
Lost on me but would like to know ??

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2013, 12:12:10 AM »
Cant you past a link?

It ain't you or Ads.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
Ok cool, was a bit concerned. Will have a scout around

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
Cant you past a link?

[/q
Cant you past a link?

It ain't you or Ads.
It ain't you or Ads.

Very kyripric!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2013, 12:58:13 AM »
Said it before and I'll say it again.

At least 95% of all football clubs are shite to some degree, either you support them anyway or you are not really a supporter.
Give up because they aren't as good as you would like if you want, but (without trying to make this into a "better fan than yow" debate) what does that make you?

Look, just support that the best of your ability, finances or circumstances allow, but don't abandon your club because they aren't winning. That's just poor.

Offline Holtemeister

• Location: Living in Birmingham (just) but definately still a Yam Yam
  • GM : 22.07.2016
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2013, 04:36:57 AM »
I truthfully dont know..........me win a £300 mill Euro lottery and i'll buy the club off Lerner.

That's the spirit.

And you will be the next target for the fans to complain at for a lack of commitment to the club.....

This is the perversity of football and why so many are falling out of love with it

Once fans dreamed of a millionaire owner...now even a billionairre owner isn't enough

Football is eating itself in so many ways due to money and the excesses and abuses money brings

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »
If I can get a deal like this year I will renew . But if I have to pay full whack for our 2 seats (£1200) then I will be giving it a miss and will pick and choose games and tickets off Viagogo . Plus will do more away games if we go down as there's some new grounds to tick off

Why not get the Barclaycard deal - Interest free over 12 months. I buy season tickets this way and pay back over 10 months.

I do this but surely it won't apply in the Championship as they don't sponsor it?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2013, 08:46:27 AM »

At least 95% of all football clubs are shite to some degree, either you support them anyway or you are not really a supporter.
Give up because they aren't as good as you would like if you want, but (without trying to make this into a "better fan than yow" debate) what does that make you?

Look, just support that the best of your ability, finances or circumstances allow, but don't abandon your club because they aren't winning. That's just poor.

Similar sentiments in a recent F365 article.

Wanting to see a big club relegated isn't some crime against Villa fans specifically, it would be the same if it was any other long-established top-flight club. Villa fans might think they'd had it tough for a few seasons but really, you dine off the cream of unimagined wealth and luxury unavailable to 90% of all other football clubs. You are rich beyond the dreams of avarice, you are simply not as rich as a tiny few other clubs, that's why you feel skint and hard done by. But you are not skint or hard done by, you are just a rubbish football team and by god, that first half against Newcastle you were an exceptionally rubbish football team.

But you see, while you were having your dozen top-ten top-flight finishes in the last 20 years, the rest of us football supporters have been up and down more times than a girl I knew whose nickname was 'yo-yo knickers'. We have lived outside the rarefied elite, we are the groundlings, the scruffy poor, condemned to be forever hanging on in quiet desperation. We know nothing of your top-six Premier League finishes. Welcome to our world.

The possibility that a club which has had more money put into it than 90% of other league clubs can be cast out of the top flight is a rare instance of a kind of democracy where the one with the most money doesn't win. It feels good to know that it is possible to cock things up so mightily that you can lose your top-flight status. There is always hope for change and Villa is illustrating this perfectly.

I recall Manchester United being relegated in 1974 and Spurs a couple of years later. It was brilliant, rather like seeing a rich Tory landowner made bankrupt through arrogant, self-indulgent spending. The masses love nothing more than seeing the elite take a kicking, especially a complacent elite who, because they mix with even richer, more wealthy people, mistake their own wealth for poverty. There's no fun in seeing a small, relatively poor club like Wigan or Norwich being rubbish. That's like kicking an asthmatic boy and stealing his dinner money, by contrast, Villa are the big strapping jock who gets all the girls and man, you just want them to take a kicking to the soft dangly bits so badly, don't you? This is why we shall dance of Villa's Premier League grave.

We also know that it usually isn't long before the elite reassert their hegemony, so this is our rare and brief chance to celebrate and celebrate it we shall.

And to all Villa fans who feel so desperate, let me tell you, relegation is under-rated as a pleasure. Going down is not at all bad. You get to play worse teams than you a lot and win much more. It's fun and it's real. If the Premier League is the plastic glamour model, the lower divisions are more plain girls but with lovely real breasts. This is all good.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2013, 09:11:07 AM »
Yes.

Offline CAitken

• GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2013, 12:25:23 PM »
I will re-new, mainly because I go to Villa Park to watch the Villa, not the opposition, so whether it's Southampton or Northampton it makes no odds to me.

Offline nigel

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »

Super post

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2013, 01:47:06 PM »
I keep saying bollox to it, but i usually do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal