collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Let the record show  (Read 30926 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Let the record show
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
Yes of course, there simply were no players available that represented a happy medium between one proper signing from the French 2nd division, and £20m on one player like Samba.  The players we bought were the only ones available to us, and Lerner is a genius and Lambert a brilliant manager.

It's that genius literary trick again isn't it?!

I wouldn't expect you to understand.  You've been parroting the club's bollocks for weeks now, and have been proved wrong at every turn.

What have the club said that 'I've parroted'? As I recall, other than a brief statement from Lerner, the club have said the square root of fuck-all.

Of course you wouldn't expect me to understand, you're clearly on such an intellectually high plane that your thought processes can't be understood by anyone else. Frankly, I'm pleased as it seems to me to be in a very dark place.

Edit: apologies Drummond, just really, really pissed off today.  Not your fault though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:33:56 AM by Risso »

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
On this black Friday morning I would like to make a simple statement.   In years to come it must be understood very clearly that in 2013 we did not lose our Premiership status.   We threw it away.   There is a very big difference.

You have changed your tune a little bit Brian, can I remind you what you said on Oct 12 2012 and I quote:

"I am very much in favour of our manager's policy of spending money on young players from lower divisions who have potential.

In my opinion they have nine very clear advantages over established premiership players.

1.   They are a fraction of the price and your money gets a bigger less injury and suspension damaged squad.

2.   They are younger and probably carry fewer long term injury or fitness dangers (Jenas, Dunne etc).

3.   They are much less likely to be burdened with baggage like woman trouble or gambling or booze or driving offences.

4.    They have less inflated egos.

5.    Because Paul Lambert has given them their big chance they they will be intensely loyal to him.

6.    They are pop bottles not milk bottles.   You can always get something back on them.

7.   Their agents behave themselves.

8.   They are not part of the celeb circuit more interested in what the tabloids say than what the manager says.

9.   Savage does not have their phone numbers.

Realistically of course we hope, and they hope that some of them will become Premiership stars and then they will lose all the advantages listed above and will join the ranks of Lampard, Rooney and co, but by that time they will have delivered for us and we shall be the ones who reap the benefit."

That comes across as a complete endorsement of the clubs policy to buy young unproven players, now you appear to be against their stance to continue that policy throughout the January window.

In oct  2012 the situation was nowhere near as bad as now - your points are irrelevant!

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Having read up on Simon Dawkins having not heard of him before. He reminds me of the type Barry Fry used to sign on a regular basis when he was at St Andrews.

Here one minute gone the next!

A complete waste of Randys very small piggy bank! Totally pointless in any case as he is a striker so this loan needs to be explained by
Lambert. I cant think of any reason for taking him on unless Spurs are paying his wages.

But at least Barry Fry was entertaining!!

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 10:10:42 AM »
No sense bringing dawkins whatsover when we are crying out for a defender - farcical lambert!

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
On this black Friday morning I would like to make a simple statement.   In years to come it must be understood very clearly that in 2013 we did not lose our Premiership status.   We threw it away.   There is a very big difference.

You have changed your tune a little bit Brian, can I remind you what you said on Oct 12 2012 and I quote:

"I am very much in favour of our manager's policy of spending money on young players from lower divisions who have potential.

In my opinion they have nine very clear advantages over established premiership players.

1.   They are a fraction of the price and your money gets a bigger less injury and suspension damaged squad.

2.   They are younger and probably carry fewer long term injury or fitness dangers (Jenas, Dunne etc).

3.   They are much less likely to be burdened with baggage like woman trouble or gambling or booze or driving offences.

4.    They have less inflated egos.

5.    Because Paul Lambert has given them their big chance they they will be intensely loyal to him.

6.    They are pop bottles not milk bottles.   You can always get something back on them.

7.   Their agents behave themselves.

8.   They are not part of the celeb circuit more interested in what the tabloids say than what the manager says.

9.   Savage does not have their phone numbers.

Realistically of course we hope, and they hope that some of them will become Premiership stars and then they will lose all the advantages listed above and will join the ranks of Lampard, Rooney and co, but by that time they will have delivered for us and we shall be the ones who reap the benefit."

That comes across as a complete endorsement of the clubs policy to buy young unproven players, now you appear to be against their stance to continue that policy throughout the January window.

In oct  2012 the situation was nowhere near as bad as now - your points are irrelevant!

Thanks Eastie for your intelligent contribution as ever.  By the way can I check with you do you want Lambert sacked?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
Reporters said Villa need experience or they are down
ex-players said the same
pundits on the radio and tv
all the fans I knew
fans from other teams
my girlfriend
my 7 year old son as he cried getting knocled out by Bradford
my goldfish

Thank you Randy , you have made our club an embarrassment .   This is torture for me .

Offline onje_villa

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong by all means but didnt Lambert say about three weeks ago. "Randy doesnt want any loan players".

Which means either Lerner is a liar or Lambert is.

Who scouted this MLS player was it Henke ?

This disastrous regime has brought our historic club to its knees.

Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

On a positive note and Im struggling here. Darren Bent is still here and Dawkins is only on loan to the end of the season.

Lambert is now probably the worst manager in our clubs history.

Totally incomprehensibly and totally gutless.

It doesn't mean anyone's a liar. They probably didn't want any loan players but perhaps they didn't have much option and the ones they wanted to buy didn't come to fruition.

We could of course have spunked a commitment of £32m to sign Samba like QPR did. I've no doubt he wasn't what they wanted but nobody was prepared to release other players.

So you either have to sign an unexperienced Championship player or a hugely overpaid mercenary?

Shit, there was me thinking there was something in between.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong by all means but didnt Lambert say about three weeks ago. "Randy doesnt want any loan players".

Which means either Lerner is a liar or Lambert is.

Who scouted this MLS player was it Henke ?

This disastrous regime has brought our historic club to its knees.

Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

On a positive note and Im struggling here. Darren Bent is still here and Dawkins is only on loan to the end of the season.

Lambert is now probably the worst manager in our clubs history.

Totally incomprehensibly and totally gutless.

It doesn't mean anyone's a liar. They probably didn't want any loan players but perhaps they didn't have much option and the ones they wanted to buy didn't come to fruition.

We could of course have spunked a commitment of £32m to sign Samba like QPR did. I've no doubt he wasn't what they wanted but nobody was prepared to release other players.

So you either have to sign an unexperienced Championship player or a hugely overpaid mercenary?

Shit, there was me thinking there was something in between.

Now Drummond. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »
I still can't believe they have made no effort to save us . It's baffling and sickening.

"Baffling" is the word.  It's a bit like the knocking down of the Trinity Road Stand, you get the feeling those in charge have made a decision that might suit their own short term agenda but, as decisions go, they are certainly paying no respect to the history and standing of the club and the feelings of its supporters.  I certainly don't blame the manager for this - he clearly sees it as a challenge to keep Villa up under such huge constraints - Lerner and Faulkner are the men who are the brains behind such a reckless gamble.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »
I have one question to lambert - why didnt spent all of the money available to you?

Because either;

A) He did, he had virtually no budget to speak of - 4/5 million maybe.

B) Player and Agents knew we were in trouble so fees and salaries go up, players don't want to be tarred with a relegated side.

You can vent all you like at Lambert but you're missing the real issue.  The dismantling of the club over the last 3 years will finally lead to our relegation.  Poor managerial choices, selling your best players, lack of re-investment, lack of a clear plan for the Club, this is why we are where we are this today.

So you complain about Lambert if you like, sure he has his shortcomings, but I can't in all honesty think of many Managers that with this squad and this level of investment that would do much better.

The problem at our Club is Faulkner and Lerner and until they leave I can't see us really improving.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
If he spent all the budget yesterday why the hell didnt he address the main problem in the team, the defence?
He's an incompetent buffoon, and between him and Lerner we are heading to hell in a handcart.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »
Let the record show.........That Risso and Drummond cannot quite agree on fucking anything, on any thread. They do make me chuckle.  ;D

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
Just a thought...

do you think Lambert got Dawkins in as a way of highlighting the fact he had next to nothing to spend, therefore deflecting the fans frustrations to Lerner and Faulkner as opposed to himself? A little like how Lerner appointed TSM to deflect the frustration away from him when he wanted to cost cut

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »
Let the record show.........That Risso and Drummond cannot quite agree on fucking anything, on any thread. They do make me chuckle.  ;D

I've just apologised.  Don't want us to turn into the new Eastie and Clampy show! ;)

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Come on guys, let's at least us as fans stick together.
I think the Lambert policy is laudable and will bring fruition eventually.  However, the progress we were making in the late autumn has been bought to s shuddering stop with the Chelsea game and all that has happened since, so a small deviation from that policy until the end of the season surely wouldn't be seen as unreasonable.  there are enough with some knowledge on here suggesting that there were funds available (indeed lambert himself said we were in for Sissoko and everyone knew he was up for 3.5 million euros) so once it became clear no.1 targets weren't available, then yes, but Sylla, a potentially excellent piece of business, but also seek out one or two older heads just to come and steady the ship, like every Tom, Dick and harry has suggested.
The two that ring a bell, who moved yesterday on loan or short deals and surely wouldn't have cost the earth between now and may (£10k a week each perhaps?) were Scharner and Uposn.  Neither great, and even 18 moths ago I'd have been spitting feathers at the mere suggestion, but a couple of decent pros who'd give some organisation and leadership on the pitch and would put there head where it hurst in the cause. 
My only conclusion is that Lambert is as stubborn as his mentor, but I'm afraid he's going to regret that stubbornness, because this squad will not get the wins needed, and will finish rock bottom.  (I would be delighted to be proved wrong however!!)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal