collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Let the record show  (Read 30785 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Let the record show
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:25:53 AM »
On this black Friday morning I would like to make a simple statement.   In years to come it must be understood very clearly that in 2013 we did not lose our Premiership status.   We threw it away.   There is a very big difference.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:29:59 AM by brian green »

Offline peter w

Re: Let the record show
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:44:28 AM »
Takes effort to throw something. We simply gave it away.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »
Quite right

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
I still can't believe they have made no effort to save us . It's baffling and sickening.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »
I only hope the fans don't take it out on the players, most of them are trying their best, any anger should be directed toward the manager and the C.E.O sitting in the stand seeing as we won't see the owner again at Villa Park.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »
Two kids that I have never heard of, and one experienced bloke out. I didn't believe for a second it would be that bad.

Shame on you Villa. Let the recriminations begin.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 07:40:46 AM »
I still can't believe they have made no effort to save us . It's baffling and sickening.

I genuinely think that the club have looked at Newcastle and West Ham and determined that a year in the Championship is an opportunity to cleanse the club once and for all, as we will be certain to bounce back.
It's the same flawed logic as spending 22m on lower league players and its a gigantic kick in the bollocks to the fans who have been marvelous this season.
We do not deserve this, we really don't.
It really is time that some fury is directed at those who have conspired to create this mess and are getting off way to lightly.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »
I think some posters on here are verging on the manic depressed. Get a grip.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »
It really is hard to fathom and it looks deliberate.  I can't work out if Lambert's hands were tied by Lerner's wage restrictions, or whether he's done it to show Lerner his policy will prevent us signing anyone of any calibre, or whether the pair of them are just fuckwits.  Possibly all 3. Either way I think relegation is more or less inevitable now.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
I think some posters on here are verging on the manic depressed. Get a grip.
Arent manic depressives meant to experience extreme highs as well as lows?

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong by all means but didnt Lambert say about three weeks ago. "Randy doesnt want any loan players".

Which means either Lerner is a liar or Lambert is.

Who scouted this MLS player was it Henke ?

This disastrous regime has brought our historic club to its knees.

Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

On a positive note and Im struggling here. Darren Bent is still here and Dawkins is only on loan to the end of the season.

Lambert is now probably the worst manager in our clubs history.

Totally incomprehensibly and totally gutless.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong by all means but didnt Lambert say about three weeks ago. "Randy doesnt want any loan players".

Which means either Lerner is a liar or Lambert is.

Who scouted this MLS player was it Henke ?

This disastrous regime has brought our historic club to its knees.

Simon Dawkins sounds like a Blue Peter presenter!

On a positive note and Im struggling here. Darren Bent is still here and Dawkins is only on loan to the end of the season.

Lambert is now probably the worst manager in our clubs history.

Totally incomprehensibly and totally gutless.

It doesn't mean anyone's a liar. They probably didn't want any loan players but perhaps they didn't have much option and the ones they wanted to buy didn't come to fruition.

We could of course have spunked a commitment of £32m to sign Samba like QPR did. I've no doubt he wasn't what they wanted but nobody was prepared to release other players.

Offline supertom

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
It's weird how similar the pattern has been with McLeish and Lambert. They start by saying all the right things. Promising better football and a better work ethic from a more together group. Then they never deliver the promises. Then McLeish towards the tail end just started to sound very deluded, and start just having a few digs at the fans. Nothing as outright as DOL, but a few snipes. I wonder if PL will turn against the fans once he realises he's pretty much a dead man walking.

But yes, he's proven to be completely clueless and we look half as resolute as McLeish's Villa side. As god awful as the back four of Warnock, Collins, Dunne and Hutton were at times, they're rock solid compared to the current group. I also believe had we had Petrov and Bent for the tail end of last season we'd have been more comfortable. It probably would have given us another 5-10 points in all honesty.
We scarily shit at the minute. It's pathetic and we seem to be getting worse. Lambert has no aces up his sleeve to pull us out. I can't see him doing what Martinez did the last two seasons with Wigan, and suddenly find the form to save us.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
I am sure having watched Villa for 50 years that relegation is part of the plan.
The gutless, spineless way our owner has done this should have fans calling for his head, but such is the apathy at Villa Park no-one seems to have the energy any more.
They do not deserve our support and I for one have watched my last game this season at least.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »
I only hope the fans don't take it out on the players, most of them are trying their best, any anger should be directed toward the manager and the C.E.O sitting in the stand seeing as we won't see the owner again at Villa Park.

I'm not convinced the manager should be getting it just yet, the owner and Faulkner should be getting loads though. I've mentioned before, nobody should buy anything on a match day from the club. Show Lerner that we too can withold OUR finances!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal