collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When did the white flag go up.  (Read 5663 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Re: When did the white flag go up.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
I think it probably went up in the Boardroom about 2 days after they realised O`Neill had spunked all Randys cash away.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
December 1938 when Rinder died.

Offline levico

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »

Look at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds....How much lower are we going to let this go or are we going to put a stop to it?
[/quote]

A good post which I agree with. I also believe that we will follow in the footsteps of these two teams and end up, at sometime in the next three seasons, in League 1. Problem is what can we as fans do to prevent this happening. Surely we can only look on sadly and impotently from the sidelines? Surely fans of Sheffield Wed and Leeds felt just as bad about their plight as we do - they couldn't stop the decline.

I feel that it will quite a long time before we get back into the top flight and even then it will require a change of ownership.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »

Look at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds....How much lower are we going to let this go or are we going to put a stop to it?

A good post which I agree with. I also believe that we will follow in the footsteps of these two teams and end up, at sometime in the next three seasons, in League 1. Problem is what can we as fans do to prevent this happening. Surely we can only look on sadly and impotently from the sidelines? Surely fans of Sheffield Wed and Leeds felt just as bad about their plight as we do - they couldn't stop the decline.

I feel that it will quite a long time before we get back into the top flight and even then it will require a change of ownership.
[/quote]

We are 3 points off safety with 13 games still to play what possible evidence do you have to believe that the current position means we will be playing in league 1 sometime in the next 3 seasons?  For heavens sake I would not want to be stuck with you as a team member in a crisis.

Offline levico

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

We are 3 points off safety with 13 games still to play what possible evidence do you have to believe that the current position means we will be playing in league 1 sometime in the next 3 seasons?  For heavens sake I would not want to be stuck with you as a team member in a crisis.
[/quote]

The feeling's mutual, I'm just a realist.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »
There's fewer points between us and Stoke in tenth place than there are between the two clubs battling it out for the title.   The white flag is nowhere near going up. 

Offline danlanza

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:40 PM »
There's fewer points between us and Stoke in tenth place than there are between the two clubs battling it out for the title.   The white flag is nowhere near going up.
Good call Billy. We have to stay positive. UTV

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
I'm sorry to say this but Lerner has turned out to be a proper cnut. He signed the cheques for every player O'Neill wanted, then when he walked out, Lerner took out his frustration on whoever else came in. The Bent signing aside, he's done the square root of fcuk all to help us get this sorry mess sorted out. He's a false prophet if ever there was one.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
It hasn't gone up for me. I admit we are likely to go down, the bookies are rarely wrong but we still have hope. At 4-45 today we had a lot of hope but as usual the wheels came off. In our last 5 league games we could easily have got 8 more points, we didn't but we are still capable of turning it around. A few more frustrating results and I will get the white flag out but now? Definately no. look what Wigan did last year when we all thought they had gone, won 5 out of the last 7. We can score goals so we might just turn it around. For me it needs that next win to come next match.

Online ez

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »
I'd like to hear a few noises from the club about how we are fighting tooth and nail to get out of this or rallying cries to 'get behind the lads' or similar stuff to that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal