collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yacouba Sylla  (Read 130502 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Yacouba Sylla
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:15 PM »
Fits the bill exactly of what we need

I agree we needed a DM, but an experienced premier league player who will fit in straight away, rather than a raw foreigner from the French second division, would fit the bill more. I only mention the foreign bit, as he may take longer to settle, and we are running out of games.

Sissoko was a raw player from the French leagues (albeit League One) but most saw last night a possibly very good player starting straight away. But with our luck, I doubt it will happen.

Sissoko was rated around £15 million not so long ago

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
I like Anagrams  :o 'Casually a yob'

Me too.

Stewart Downing = Reds twat on wing

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
I'd guess even the Championship (Division 2) is a step up from the French second division.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 09:06:59 PM »
Hopefully, he will give wee Bannan license to get forward
Hopefully Bannan will be on the bench and he will play alongside Westwood.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 09:07:22 PM »
I do hope him and Benteke hit it off, simply because unlike at NouveauChateau, we don't have a predominately French atmosphere at the club to help a young player settle in a new Country. Although if they do, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them late on Broad Street.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 09:12:24 PM »
He's got some guns on him so I guess Lambert is addressing our spineless, weak midfield.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »

I agree we needed a DM, but an experienced premier league player who will fit in straight away, rather than a raw foreigner from the French second division, would fit the bill more. I only mention the foreign bit, as he may take longer to settle, and we are running out of games.

Sissoko was a raw player from the French leagues (albeit League One) but most saw last night a possibly very good player starting straight away. But with our luck, I doubt it will happen.

And? I've seen players that cost £20mil and league winners in their countries flop on this league and ones that cost very little with little fanfare have great games. But I do realise that Sissoko has been playing at a higher level at a younger age so probably is a better player.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
Hes 33 ft on WIKI      .  funny

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »
Welcome to Villa, Yacouba.

Now, where were you last night at about 9.45?  Weren't reversing your car up Trinity Rd by any chance?

Offline eastie

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
As doug once said " how many of you know who he is?"

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
I do hope him and Benteke hit it off, simply because unlike at NouveauChateau, we don't have a predominately French atmosphere at the club to help a young player settle in a new Country. Although if they do, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them late on Broad Street.

Benteke, N'Zogbia, Stevens, Given, Weimann and Guzan are all overseas players.  Therefore they all speak French and will all be very helpful in assisting young Sylla to settle into the first team.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »
Apparently we signed him 4 years ago:

Yacouba Sylla (born 29 November 1990 in Étampes) is a French football player who plays for The English Premier League club Aston Villa . He plays as a defensive midfielder and joined his current club in 2009 after a year's stint with first division club SM Caen.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:12 PM »
If it means we don't have to suffer the Westwood/Bannan or Bannan/Delph central midfield pairing again then he is a very welcome addition!

Hope he does sign as we are really in the shit and a new signing could give us a much needed boost

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »
His Wiki page is still mental.

1000000000 goals in 18 appearances.  33 foot tall.  At age 12-16 he was in the Barcelona B team which would have put him alongside Messi.

Offline cdward

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »

And? I've seen players that cost £20mil and league winners in their countries flop on this league and ones that cost very little with little fanfare have great games. But I do realise that Sissoko has been playing at a higher level at a younger age so probably is a better player.
Jean Makoun - plays in the French top division, took time to acclimatise to the pace of the PL

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal