collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I think we will stay up because ....  (Read 20812 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: I think we will stay up because ....
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »
I think we will stay up because we have a brilliant, tactically aware manager, and the defence will magically sort itself up.  I also believe eastie when he says that lots of money is available, and Lambert will spend that today and tomorrow on bringing in a world class defender and midfielder.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
Because I am high.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »
I think we will stay up because we have a brilliant, tactically aware manager, and the defence will magically sort itself up.  I also believe eastie when he says that lots of money is available, and Lambert will spend that today and tomorrow on bringing in a world class defender and midfielder.

Never said lots of money risso- at least £10m , - we are down anyway , should have strengthened earlier this month - 2 points from 12 this month have killed us.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
Because Lambert will have an epiphany and realise that CHANGING THE FUCKING FORMATION EVERY BASTARD GAME DOES NOT WORK especially as we have such an inexperienced team who cant get used to a sytem / formation before its changed again, and end up running around not really having a clue where they should be or what there role in the new formation is!

Offline nigel

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
errr ...... positive thread.

It's a nice try, lovejoy.
Unfortunately there are too many who refuse to believe we can stay up, or want us to go down so they can say "Told you so"

I'm a Mr Positive, and I will say that I'm struggling, but, you are right. I don't actually think we're as bad as some make out. We're not brilliant, and the results are poor, to say the least. But, in parts, we do  play some good stuff. If we could put in a 90 minute performance, instead of 45 we'll be okay.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »
A positive thread giving one sentence as to why you think we'll stay up.

I think we'll stay up because I see shoots to recovery in recent performances and we just need to put it together for a whole game not just a half.
In all seriousness, please explain the 'shoots of recovery in recent performances' because I'd love to be positive as well.
How long is recent...since Spurs or Wigan ?

Second half last night, first half against Bradford and WBA. Although I din't see it we were comfortable against Millwall for most of the game apparently. How were we against Ipswich second half?
Right I agree none of these are full games but I honestly think we've got the makings of a reasonable mid table side, it just needs a few experienced heads to act as leaders (N'Zog, Bent, Vlaar, Dunne).
if we get on the teams backs during games (which we haven't done so far) we will go down.
I also think, and forgive my stereotype, but Brummies are natural pessimists.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »
Because PL will now play the formation we had in the 2nd half last night for the rest of the season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 09:20:02 AM »

Unfortunately there are too many who refuse to believe we can stay up, or want us to go down so they can say "Told you so"

I'm a Mr Positive, and I will say that I'm struggling, but, you are right. I don't actually think we're as bad as some make out. We're not brilliant, and the results are poor, to say the least. But, in parts, we do  play some good stuff. If we could put in a 90 minute performance, instead of 45 we'll be okay.

Ridiculous- nobody on here wants us to go down!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
A positive thread giving one sentence as to why you think we'll stay up.

I think we'll stay up because I see shoots to recovery in recent performances and we just need to put it together for a whole game not just a half.
In all seriousness, please explain the 'shoots of recovery in recent performances' because I'd love to be positive as well.
How long is recent...since Spurs or Wigan ?

Second half last night, first half against Bradford and WBA. Although I din't see it we were comfortable against Millwall for most of the game apparently. How were we against Ipswich second half?
Right I agree none of these are full games but I honestly think we've got the makings of a reasonable mid table side, it just needs a few experienced heads to act as leaders (N'Zog, Bent, Vlaar, Dunne).
if we get on the teams backs during games (which we haven't done so far) we will go down.

Well said. Also, in no way should we have last to Southampton. They were no better than us.

Also, not sure if its a Brummie thing, just Villa fans.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »

If we don't go down this year then it only delays the inevitable. Whether that wakes Lerner up into selling fast or spending money I don't know. The future is very uncertain for AVFC. The worry is if he sells quickly to whoever bids the highest we could easily end up with a Carson Yeung esque fraudster..

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

If we don't go down this year then it only delays the inevitable. Whether that wakes Lerner up into selling fast or spending money I don't know. The future is very uncertain for AVFC. The worry is if he sells quickly to whoever bids the highest we could easily end up with a Carson Yeung esque fraudster..

Not sure on that one , i think if we survive this season with the experience gained we would probably see a steady improvement next season - sadly though i dont think we will get to find out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »
A 4th division and two 2nd division teams.  You do realise that they aren't in the Premier League and are therefore not that relevant when it comes to talking about staying up?

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
I like this positivity thread...

We have shown in quite a few games this season what we are capable of, but just can't do it for a full 90 minutes. Get it together for the 90 and we will stay up.

Norwich, Fulham and even West Ham are really struggling as well and not too far ahead.

Reading and QPR have had a bit of a mini-revival, yet are still behind us.

Southampton and Wigan are teams that could easily go 5-6 games without winning.

We still have two days to get Doc's Delorean and go back to 1993/94 era and bring Paul 'God' McGrath back.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 09:55:11 AM »

What a load of old shit.
there is not a single fan who WANTS us to go down, and certainly not so they can say 'I told you so'.
A lot of fans though, are realists, and fear the worst. 

Offline magic monks

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 10:01:07 AM »
My nan said that if you cannot say something positive, don't say anything at all.

She wasn't a Villa fan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal