collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert  (Read 32190 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »
If Lerner has actually said that then I'll be shocked, looks like its been written by a secretary, probably Nicola Keye

And this sums up the ridiculousness of the situation; people clamour to hear something or for a statement, when it arrives it's not believed.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 03:41:26 PM »
what the fuck does this mean ?

"The Villa board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability"

what the fuck is he actually trying to say, and why the fuck can't he say it in Englsh (or American) ?

Offline NeilH

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
I find it odd where people including me slaughter Lerner for lack of communication, but then when  he does communicate slaughter him for it. He said all he could say there, and two things are clear he's sticking with this manager and they are trying to get players in before the window closes.

Yep agreed. He's damn if he does and damned is he doesn't
You may not like what he says, but at least he's responded.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
I think writing an unsolicited press release on behalf of your gaffer is a good way to get unjobmatized. Therefore it's pretty safe to say that its legit and Lerner's words.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
I think writing an unsolicited press release on behalf of your gaffer is a good way to get unjobmatized. Therefore it's pretty safe to say that its legit and Lerner's words.

Yes siree!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
I feel somewhat optimistic after reading that.

Maybe something will happen.

At least we know Lerner is still involved in some way.  Until this statement it wasn't overtly clear if he was.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football

That line is a bit odd ! 

Not really. His playing and managerial career prior to Villa has been fantastic.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
Sounds like generic PR guff to me

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
That Statement has made me feel no different whatsoever. All he has shown is his wide use of vocabulary. Nothing has changed and we are still in the dark. Well thanks Randy... NOT

What exactly do you want to be told?

A bit more honesty, since MON left the fans have been confused to say the least about our financial position, are we in the shit? do we still have money? Why spunk 50Million 3 summers running if you know you couldn't afford to maintain the wage structure and similar amounts of budgets in the long run? Wheres your 1Billion pounds gone from the sale of the Cleveland Browns?

If we don't have sufficient funds to buy players that are going to improve the squad, then just what money is there?  Lambert signed 3-4 players in the summer for around the 3 million mark - At the time he evidently thought these players were going to improve the squad - Does he now believe that you have to spend more than that to improve the squad? Or do we just not have £3million to spend on a player anymore?

That is what i want to know.

You want to know exactly what the club's financial position is, its transfer budget and what the owner intends doing with his income. Good luck on that one, here and everywhere else. 

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
What's he said Drummond? Fuck all, we still aint had any re-assurances about anything just a hash that looks pretty much like everything lambert has been saying for weeks

Offline eastie

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »
Sounds like generic PR guff to me
Lambert is staying and he has money - pretty clear cut .
You dont identify or try to sign several targets if you have no money - now lets hope he spends it on three decent players.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »
The Villa Park chief gave a rare statement - his last official press conference was in May 2010 - as the pressure grew on Lambert ahead of tomorrow's Premier League clash with Newcastle.

The chairman said: “In the time that I’ve come to know Paul what is clear above all else is his strength of character and belief in his approach to football. Fortunes can shift quickly in this game and a sense that one has it right can become grave doubt in a matter of a few games.

"The Villa board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability by reshaping the squad with seven new signings in the summer.

"It has been rewarding at times this season although certainly frustrating as well, particularly recently. During January Paul and the board have discussed a variety of players although nothing has yet materialised, which I know also can be frustrating as fresh players always give at least a sense of progress and optimism.

"Finally, and on a very personal note, I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football and I believe, given support, he will continue to do so for us.”

p.s. Don't forget to grab your Newcastle tickets

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
what the fuck does this mean ?

"The Villa board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability"

what the fuck is he actually trying to say, and why the fuck can't he say it in Englsh (or American) ?

It means exactly what it says... Even if "multi-year" is not an expression I've heard before.

I think the statement is not a bad sign, at least. The mere fact he felt it necessary to release it must mean he's not completely turned into Howard Hughes...yet.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
"Finally, and on a very personal note, I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football and I believe, given support, he will continue to do so for us.
Does anybody else get that? He is either admitting that PL hasn't received adequete support. Or he has, and has already acheived success with us which will be 'continued'.

Offline davisa

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »
I feel somewhat optimistic after reading that.

Maybe something will happen.

At least we know Lerner is still involved in some way.  Until this statement it wasn't overtly clear if he was.
His involvement goes as far as his sunny balcony looking over a picturesque beach in America...

Everything else goes through fatboy Faulkner who 'didn't like football' until he landed the job at Villa, he was just a shrewd businessman who happened to know that Soccer is actually called Football and that was enough for Lerner, a bit like Alex Mcleish was enough for Lerner because he won the League cup on the back of The Arsenal goalkeeper dropping the ball in the back of the net to hand Small Heath their most famous victory. wanker

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal