collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert  (Read 32149 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »
'During January Paul and the board have discussed a variety of players although nothing has yet materialised, which I know also can be frustrating as fresh players always give at least a sense of progress and optimism.'

That suggests to me we're very much still looking.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
Good, he's supporting the manager, there are potential signings out there. it's a vision for the future.

Fingers crossed!!

Online garyellis

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:32 PM »
I am going to take that as a positive and we will reinforce the team before the deadline passes.  If not the statement is pointless.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »
Dreaded vote of confidence

Offline davisa

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »
That Statement has made me feel no different whatsoever. All he has shown is his wide use of vocabulary. Nothing has changed and we are still in the dark. Well thanks Randy... NOT

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:13 PM »
I'd say the statement indicates several things. Most importantly it looks like we're still trying to get players in.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:59 PM »
That Statement has made me feel no different whatsoever. All he has shown is his wide use of vocabulary. Nothing has changed and we are still in the dark. Well thanks Randy... NOT

What exactly do you want to be told?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 03:29:56 PM »
I've been critical of Lerner, but he couldn't have been anymore clear there.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Here is a translation of Lerner's PR drivel for you:                                                                                        "The club are well and truely in the shit because I naively allowed it to get there. Lambert does want to strengthen, but we have a sell-to-buy policy. If we don't offload the players we thought we were going to, then I may sanction a desperate late flurry of signings like I did in the summer. I'm not exactly confident in Lambert's ability, but I can't be arsed to pay him off and search for a replacement. So in the meantime I will over-exaggerate my belief in him."

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »
Ok then, we'll see what happens between now and Thursday. As someone mentioned, if he bothers come out with a statement like that, and we see no new bodies in before the deadline, then it was just a massive waste of time. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Please don't let us down, Mr Learner!

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »
Lerners statement for those who cant access the link-

The Villa Park chief gave a rare statement - his last official press conference was in May 2010 - as the pressure grew on Lambert ahead of tomorrow's Premier League clash with Newcastle.

The chairman said: “In the time that I’ve come to know Paul what is clear above all else is his strength of character and belief in his approach to football. Fortunes can shift quickly in this game and a sense that one has it right can become grave doubt in a matter of a few games.

"The Villa board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability by reshaping the squad with seven new signings in the summer.

"It has been rewarding at times this season although certainly frustrating as well, particularly recently. During January Paul and the board have discussed a variety of players although nothing has yet materialised, which I know also can be frustrating as fresh players always give at least a sense of progress and optimism.

"Finally, and on a very personal note, I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football and I believe, given support, he will continue to do so for us.”

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
If Lerner has actually said that then I'll be shocked, looks like its been written by a secretary, probably Nicola Keye

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
I find it odd where people including me slaughter Lerner for lack of communication, but then when  he does communicate slaughter him for it. He said all he could say there, and two things are clear he's sticking with this manager and they are trying to get players in before the window closes.

Offline davisa

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

What exactly do you want to be told?

A bit more honesty, since MON left the fans have been confused to say the least about our financial position, are we in the shit? do we still have money? Why spunk 50Million 3 summers running if you know you couldn't afford to maintain the wage structure and similar amounts of budgets in the long run? Wheres your 1Billion pounds gone from the sale of the Cleveland Browns?

If we don't have sufficient funds to buy players that are going to improve the squad, then just what money is there?  Lambert signed 3-4 players in the summer for around the 3 million mark - At the time he evidently thought these players were going to improve the squad - Does he now believe that you have to spend more than that to improve the squad? Or do we just not have £3million to spend on a player anymore?

That is what i want to know.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »
I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football

That line is a bit odd ! 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal