collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert  (Read 32168 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Lerner backs Villa boss Lambert
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
"We pick ourselves up and carry on regardless."

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »
One thing Nursey said which i think is bang on and our biggest weakness is that we have no Characters in the side,no hard men to keep the team focused when things go wrong, go through the team and you be hard pressed to come up with a player you could deem to be a fighter, the nearest i can get is Weiman.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:33 PM »
A fighter? Hutton. Oh...

Offline eastie

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »
One thing Nursey said which i think is bang on and our biggest weakness is that we have no Characters in the side,no hard men to keep the team focused when things go wrong, go through the team and you be hard pressed to come up with a player you could deem to be a fighter, the nearest i can get is Weiman.

Very true - no leadership .

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »

Very true - no leadership .
Don't need fighters, need leaders. Players who can react to what they see happening on the pitch without waiting for instructions from the bench. Still can't believe the 5 up front debacle last week but couldn't the infamous 5 see it wasn't likely to work and react?

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2013, 08:48:07 PM »
Why do I get this sneaking feeling that if we go down the fans will be blamed for this because we didn't support the manager enough?

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »
They can give it a try, but for the fans to change anything this season, we'd all need to run on to the pitch and line up on the goal line for every corner.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
One thing Nursey said which i think is bang on and our biggest weakness is that we have no Characters in the side,no hard men to keep the team focused when things go wrong

I think that's been obvious for a while to be honest.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »
But Phil, what you're saying there is that the quality of the squad is the problem, as evidenced in the link, the quantity is there.

This is the point I was trying to make, the numbers are there but the experienced guys on the list are either shit, out of form or injured, meaning we're relying on the ones who should've been playing the odd game here and there, not starting regularly.

It comes back to the same mistakes being made repeatedly.  Every experienced player we've signed since Milner has been a disappointment in the long run, be it due to injuries, loss of form or general shitness; that's a spectacular run of poor choices and bad luck.  Most of those senior players have ended up hanging around taking wages out of the club whilst offering very little back, no club could sustain it and it's only because of Lerner paying our running costs that we've coped to the extent we have.

The problem for me, Paul, is that we've all seen the potential at some stage or other of the players, they're not all bad. What's happening though is instead of one or two players having a bad run, it's almost every single one of them at the same time, week in, week out and Lambert has done nothing to address the problem.

I'm more than aware Lambert is still learning his trade as a manager but it's bloody frustrating he' fails to see the elephant in the room. Tactically, he just picks himself up and goes again with the same system that isn't right for now.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2013, 09:03:39 PM »
Why do I get this sneaking feeling that if we go down the fans will be blamed for this because we didn't support the manager enough?

I think up until now he's had tremendous support

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
Lerner a fucking fool and makes Doug look like Steve Jobs

Erm..Steve Jobs is dead.

When he was a live!

When he was a live what?

Offline ez

« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »
And if we stay up it will be a successful season.

Offline adam#1

« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »
Words are lovely. Deeds are better. Do or Do not. There is no try.

He can say what he likes to try and placate the fans and media. Ultimately he should be judged on outcomes. And he's taken our club down to 1 spot from the relegation spots with the worse goal difference in the league. It may be the manager and players who are delivering that, buts its Lerner who's taken us there.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
They won't be able to peddle that one this time. Never seen a managers name being chanted by our lot after being battered by the likes of Wigan at home.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »
And if we stay up it will be a successful season.

Yes - the "plan" will have worked...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal