collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Current media comments towards us  (Read 36553 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Current media comments towards us
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
Only if you don't know what nihilism means.

Well I've got a kind of Villa nihilism right now. Strangely, before we were this shit I could only watch Villa and had no interest in watching other football. Now I can sit through other games and just enjoy them as a neutral.

Don't go into the light, peter

Damned straight. Its warm and cosy in here.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
Only if you don't know what nihilism means.

That's both refreshingly honest and humble of you.

Hmmm, 'you' appears to be another word you're struggling with.

Nihilism (pron.: /ˈnaɪ.ɨlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɨlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life.

McLeish's footballing philosophy negated the meaningful aspect of football, namely attacking the opposition goal.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
Not so sure.

"They want Lambert to succeed, partly because he replaced Alex McLeish, who was never embraced because of his Birmingham City connections."

He performed a lot better than Lambert has, but got 10 times more stick.

Oh right, so Villa fans in fact weren't more patient with Mcleish than they were given credit for?

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »
Not so sure.

"They want Lambert to succeed, partly because he replaced Alex McLeish, who was never embraced because of his Birmingham City connections."

I would say he performed worse than Lambert. At least we have shown glimpses of good football this season. Last season was depressing and dull.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »
Not so sure.

Oh right, so Villa fans in fact weren't more patient with Mcleish than they were given credit for?

The Bolton and Spurs home games right at the end of the season were the only home games when he got stick off the majority of the crowd as far as I'm aware. That and Wigan away.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
Not so sure.

The Bolton and Spurs home games right at the end of the season were the only home games when he got stick off the majority of the crowd as far as I'm aware. That and Wigan away.

Yep.

For all the talk amongst ourselves that we are quick to turn, both Houllier and McLeish got hardly any stick for a long time.

I think we are pretty patient, but when we do turn, it is usually done en masse.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
I was just listening to The Press Pass on TalkSport and, do you know what, I think the press boys are starting to get the message that they are not giving the Midlands the coverage that they should.  From about 7pm onwards (I think) they had a little debate about Paul Lambert which side tracked on to them discussing Matt Kendrick and then Fleet Street's lack of coverage of the region's football.  Worth a quick listen on their Listen Again service, if you get the chance.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »
Listened to that. Even when the topic was set as Villa, they couldn't get onto London quick enough. They don't give a flying fuck about the Midlsnds and admitted as much.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »
I just heard it Billy, and it just proved what we have all thought for years about Fleet Street, that they have always favoured the north west and London teams. To be fair at least they were honest about it, when they said they couldnt care less about Midlands clubs...at the end of the day, its nothing new to us, you can go back as far as 1981 in our title run, we were treated with contempt then.

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
Feck the Press, even the Midlands press isn't too keen on the Villa. Remember '94. It was all talk about Manure's treble, and when we beat them it was 'cos Kancheslkis(sp) was sent of, handling on the line...I remember as a lad going to a football forum at the Grand hotel, with Steve Curry Saint n Greavsie, and Villa wasn't a big topic that night, with a few digs at the Villa, yet plenty of talk about the wolves, baggies and blues, at a time when all them were at least 1 div. lower and facing bankcruptcy ...Feck the press

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal