collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The club is a disgrace!  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: The club is a disgrace!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
I've had to had a lie down recently with all going on! I've insulted one or two Risso/fletcher again I apologise it got all too much.. Lets judge manager and owner at 11pm on Thursday. I just don't see changing manager being right. Lambert hasn't become shit overnight.. He has a battle on every game and we as fans just have to pick ourselves up and go again... Aston Villa will never be a disgrace.

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
I've had to had a lie down recently with all going on! I've insulted one or two Risso/fletcher again I apologise it got all too much.. Lets judge manager and owner at 11pm on Thursday. I just don't see changing manager being right. Lambert hasn't become shit overnight.. He has a battle on every game and we as fans just have to pick ourselves up and go again... Aston Villa will never be a disgrace.

Nice post hoppo- emotions have been running high, we are all angry and upset about our plight but i agree we are in this together - for better or worse - not sure i agree about the manager but lets hope we can pull it around.

To coin a phrase on tuesday we will dust ourselves down and go again.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
The title of this thread disturbs me.
We are not a disgrace, infact we are a bloody great club with fantastic supporters, a great stadium and a fucking great history.
We are Villa and we will never be a disgrace.
i absolutely agree with this. When i die, i will be buried in a Villa shirt and no careless chairman/dodgy manager will alter that. Were hurting but we are a great sporting institution, NOT a disgrace, Teams can be a disgrace,players can be a disgrace, the club - never.

Absolutely, I'll never be anything other than proud to support this fantastic football club.

Players, managers and boards will come and go but AVFC will live forever!

Offline Rimmy Jimmer

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »
steve 22 is absolutely correct. I am nearly 50 also and i can agree with his sumarism. We have never been consistent.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »

You need to keep calm as it's not just 'Risso/Fletcher' throwing brickbats, and if you go off on one every time somebody has a go at the club, your keyboard will set on fire.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »

He hasn't become a bad manager - and I'd actually back him to do well in a few years.  Though maybe not with us.

He has a pretty major blindspot when it comes to the defensive aspect of things though.  He did at Norwich too, seemingly.  They were probably the worst side we faced defensively at VP last season.

The element of surprise and their general forward momentum helped them a lot -they were a club on the up (thanks in no small part to PL) and their players were busting a gut to prove they belonged in the top flight. 

Our players -with a few exceptions- are not lower division (though some might end up there by the looks of things) triers desperate to make a name for themselves.  Different mindest, different approach required.

What surprises me most is that Karsa and Culverhouse had a reputation for doing their homework on the opposition last season. Our weakness from set pieces was obvious even then, as was our tendency to concede late.  If they'd watched us, they'd know that.  Not addressing that (in fact, if anything it's got worse) is neglectful.  Neglectful enough to be losing jobs over.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
steve 22 is absolutely correct. I am nearly 50 also and i can agree with his sumarism. We have never been consistent.

Consistently unpredictable.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »
AVFC never a disgrace BCFC definatly please never mix up the two

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »
I don't know so much about BCFC. I hope they do well in the final!

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
I don't know so much about BCFC. I hope they do well in the final!
That the BCFC that play at VP ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal