collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Smirker
[Today at 07:43:56 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by AV84
[Today at 07:41:32 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 07:35:56 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by AV84
[Today at 07:29:21 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 07:28:00 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:22:55 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 07:22:44 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Smirker
[Today at 07:22:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January SCG.  (Read 5938 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: January SCG.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
I don't know what happens at these meetings, but this next one is likely to have an elephant in the room.
They are a good idea,it's what you do with the info that matters.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
You also have to remember that while you or I might think questions about food or toilets are irrelevant, they're asked because they're important to someone.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Question 14. There will be no bloody need for vending machines in the ground when there is nobody paying hard earned cash to watch the turgid shite that people are having to put up with. Chicken Nuggets, a must have for any club threatened with relegation, along with the bloody candyfloss.
Faulkner, you have just shown your ability to run our club. No ability at all. Bloody hell, this is laughable. Will bloody vending machines help the defence and midfield ? Fucking crazy. Don't forget the Chicken Nuggets though. What a load of crap.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »
Here's a suggestion: drop ticket prices to fill the ground for our relegation battle. It makes sense when the club needs our help.

Offline peter w

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
Its the whole club that needs to be run correctly. Not just the football - although of course that's the most important part. These groups have their place and I'm not sure anyone would feel the need to criticise.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
Its the whole club that needs to be run correctly. Not just the football - although of course that's the most important part. These groups have their place and I'm not sure anyone would feel the need to criticise.

When the football's wrong everything's wrong.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
Do you not think there are more pressing issues than candy floss and chicken nuggets pw ?
There is a time and a place for these get togethers for people to ask their questions. It just strikes me that the questions being asked are a bit odd.
I mean are Nuggets for kids important at the moment ? We are not a bloody McDonalds franchise are we ?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:02 PM »
If you can charge £3.50 for nuggets and chips it is a big deal.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »
If you can charge £3.50 for nuggets and chips it is a big deal.
The biggest deal Villa will be making this January, no doubt.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
Do you not think there are more pressing issues than candy floss and chicken nuggets pw ?
There is a time and a place for these get togethers for people to ask their questions. It just strikes me that the questions being asked are a bit odd.
I mean are Nuggets for kids important at the moment ? We are not a bloody McDonalds franchise are we ?

To repeat - you are not going to get footballing matters discussed at a meeting like this. They are the remit of the manger, and quite rightly so.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »

When the football's wrong everything's wrong.

Correct. If you were to talk to those responsible for the non-football side of things, I am sure that they would be very dejected at how their part of the business is affected. It embarrasses them and there is nothing they can do about it.

Offline peter w

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »

Of course there's more important things for the football team and ultimately the club. But you don't only deal with one situation in your life andthen focus on that and nothing else. Its important to some people so there's nothing wrong with those that want to talk about to do just that. I'm pretty sure paul lambert won't be chairing it.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »

Of course there's more important things for the football team and ultimately the club. But you don't only deal with one situation in your life andthen focus on that and nothing else. Its important to some people so there's nothing wrong with those that want to talk about to do just that. I'm pretty sure paul lambert won't be chairing it.
Agreed, i think.

Offline levico

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
Question 14. There will be no bloody need for vending machines in the ground

I beg to differ. I believe that there are vending machines out there that can defend corners better than our back four.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 01:32:20 PM »
Question 14. There will be no bloody need for vending machines in the ground

I beg to differ. I believe that there are vending machines out there that can defend corners better than our back four.
I do believe you have a valid point there levico.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal