collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Proof of how weak we at the back....  (Read 7515 times)

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Proof of how weak we at the back....
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
Lichaj was  "marking" Shittu for their equaliser which seemed downright negligent to me, as Shittu was by far the most physically imposing player on the pitch. He should have been picked up by Vlaar.

I am not yet convinced by Vlaar but he would have been a more logical choice to take Shittu than Lichaj. I have no idea who was "marking" the bloke who scored their second.

Offline bob

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Just because he is quoted doesn't mean it happened.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
Shittu is a player enjoying his last taste of the big time, so is making a name for himself with stuff like this. Let him have his 5 minutes while he can. Real pros don't come out with such boasts, they don't need to.

Offline eastie

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
 Shittu is out of order for this -

DANNY SHITTU has admitted Aston Villa’s defenders BEGGED him not to score another goal on Friday night.
The 6ft 3in Millwall powerhouse towered above tiny Villa to head in the equaliser from a corner in the Lions’ 2-1 FA Cup win.
Defender Shittu said: “I was surprised because their guys were really small and the player they put on me always looked really worried, so it was surprising.
“He was begging me not to get another goal.
“Villa did not look vulnerable just at the back — it was the whole team.”
Shittu was up against 5ft 10in Eric Lichaj and Matt Lowton, who is an inch taller.
And Millwall’s average height is 6ft — 3in taller than Villa’s.
The Lions star added: “We knew Villa were going to be a bit vulnerable and you could see it.
“The crowd also knew it and really got behind us and that affected them.
“We expected more because they are a Premier League side.
“They gave us time to play. Normally in the Championship you don’t get that time to bring the ball down.”
Villa’s defeat at The Den came just 72 hours after they were knocked out of the Capital One Cup semi-final 4-3 on aggregate by League Two Bradford.
They are also only one place and one point above the Premier League drop zone.
The fallen giants’ Achilles heel seems to be their inability to defend set-pieces.
Three of the four goals Bradford scored over two legs came from corners — as did Shittu’s equaliser on Friday.
Striker Andreas Weimann revealed the depth of despair in the Villa dressing room after their week of shame.
He said: “Every time a team gets a corner against us we feel they are going to score.
“We know we can play football because we’ve shown it but confidence isn’t at the highest when you don’t win games.
“We’re all hurting. We can understand the fans’ frustrations. They’ve been brilliant.
“We want to win, it’s not like we want to lose.
“We’ve noticed ourselves that the last few games we’ve been conceding from set-pieces.”
Villa host fellow strugglers Newcastle in the league on Tuesday.
And Millwall winger James Henry has taunted the Midlanders by telling them they must play better than they did at The Den.
He said: “Our previous game against Burnley was harder — even when we went behind we always fancied our chances.
“We knew if we could put the ball into the box we’d have half a chance of scoring.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4765025/Danny-Shittu-Aston-Villa-players-begged-me-not-to-score-again.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
I don't think there's too much of a problem with what Shittu has said. He's just putting the boot in like a few people are at the moment and a lot of what he's said is true. He was excellent on Friday.

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »
I don't think there's too much of a problem with what Shittu has said. He's just putting the boot in like a few people are at the moment and a lot of what he's said is true. He was excellent on Friday.

Whats said on he field should stay on the field , may have been said in a joking way .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal