collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Proof of how weak we at the back....  (Read 7500 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Proof of how weak we at the back....
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
http://www.newsatden.co.uk/12894-millwall-captain-shittu-aston-villa-defender-begged-me-not-to-score-again.html

DANNY Shittu revealed one of Aston Villa's defenders begged him for mercy after the defensive powerhouse scored from a corner in Millwall's FA Cup triumph on Friday.
Shittu produced a dominant performance at both ends of the pitch to inspire the Lions to a famous fourth round victory over the Premier League side in front of an ecstatic crowd at The Den.
The Millwall captain scored a crucial equaliser to cancel out Darren Bent's opener for the visitors - and he believed Paul Lambert's side were scared of his physical presence.
"I was surprised because most of their defenders were kind of small," Shittu said. "The guy they put on me looked really worried. In the second-half he was begging me not to score another goal.
"It was about time I scored. I think this is the first time the manager has told to go up for every set-piece and it was nice to be back up there again. I'm usually on the half-way line.
"Their whole team looked vulnerable. We expected more from them to be honest because they are a Premier League side. Don't get me wrong, they did well but they gave us time to play.
"Normally in the Championship you don't get that much time to bring the ball down. It was still a really hard game and it certainly wasn't easy.
"I'm enjoying playing for the club and I'm enjoying defending. This is what I do. We're really happy to have done this against a Premier League side."
John Marquis struck a late winner to secure Millwall's spot in the fifth round draw on Sunday and Shittu is hoping for another home tie.
He said: "I do not really mind who we draw, as long as we play them at The Den. Whoever comes here will find it very hard. These fans really get on the opposition's backs."

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Proof of how weak we at the back....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
Fucking hell that's embarrassing.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
What a load of shit.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
thing is we really are not a premiership team are we

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »
Who was put on him?
A touch of the lee cattermoles about it all.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:21:58 PM »
These quotes aren't anywhere apart from this Millwall fan shite. I mean site.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »
'Normally in the Championship you don't get that much time to bring the ball down.'

You know, I think we might be the worst run professional club in Britain. Other than Rangers of course. Seriously, to take what they have and do this to it - Lerner, Faulkner and their succession of managers have performed miracles.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:46 PM »
Who was put on him?
A touch of the lee cattermoles about it all.

Lichaj I thought but might be wrong.

We have no steal at all. 2 6"4 blokes in our team, one at the back and one at centre mid, and we would be a totally different proposition.

It is cringe-worthy to read though.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »
That quote is complete and utter bollocks! How anybody can imagine someone on the football pitch saying to an opposition player please do not score against us is seriously delusional.

Offline eastie

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »
If shittu did say that and i cant see it being made up then really whats said on the pitch should remain on the pitch .

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »
Jesus H fucking titty christ, all we need now is for every single person who's ever played for Villa to be arrested in the Jimmy Savile investigation and the bad news for the year will be complete.

Offline ozzjim

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
That quote is complete and utter bollocks! How anybody can imagine someone on the football pitch saying to an opposition player please do not score against us is seriously delusional.

The way things are, the worst is I am not shocked by it. If for one second it was said, our mentality at set plays is clearly shot to bits.

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

The way things are, the worst is I am not shocked by it. If for one second it was said, our mentality at set plays is clearly shot to bits.

I cant see anyone bothering to make that up , shittu is directly quoted - and nothing about villa surprises me .

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 01:51:47 PM »
Then why is it nowhere apart from that Millwall fan site? It's bullshit, but people here are lapping it up.

Online john2710

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 01:53:45 PM »
The title of the thread says 'Proof', in no way is any of this hearsay, half-arsed bullshit proof of anything other than how much the media & some 'fans' are quick & determined to kick us when we are down.

I don't need Shittu or anyone else to point out the obvious, I just wish that Lerner would release funds to put it right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal