collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The club is a disgrace!  (Read 9156 times)

Offline royvilla949

Re: The club is a disgrace!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
i think lerner thought lambert was the right man for the job as did most off us,but it has turned out he his out of his depth in the prem his stubbern attitude to persist in playing players who are now were near prem standards, but lerner must get over hear and sort it out

Offline danlanza

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »
The title of this thread disturbs me.
We are not a disgrace, infact we are a bloody great club with fantastic supporters, a great stadium and a fucking great history.
We are Villa and we will never be a disgrace.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
We are not a disgrace, infact we are a bloody great club with fantastic supporters, a great stadium and a fucking great history.
i absolutely agree with this. When i die, i will be buried in a Villa shirt and no careless chairman/dodgy manager will alter that. Were hurting but we are a great sporting institution, NOT a disgrace, Teams can be a disgrace,players can be a disgrace, the club - never.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
Jesus Mohammed Moses another doom thread. That is all we need.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
i absolutely agree with this. When i die, i will be buried in a Villa shirt and no careless chairman/dodgy manager will alter that. Were hurting but we are a great sporting institution, NOT a disgrace, Teams can be a disgrace,players can be a disgrace, the club - never.
Well said mate. UTV always.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »

We are a selling club and have run out of any players of value left to sell! The fans couldn't give a $h!t about the finance side of the club. We just want to see quality players singed and not sold on afterwards. All this crap about reducing the wage bill has ruined the club (long term).

There's an element of contradiction in there (not addressing the wage bill would DEFINITELY ruin the club), but I agree for the most part. 

A football club, should -if it communicates with fans at all-  be talking about ambitions on the pitch. What we aim to do, and how we might do it.

When the talk turns to wage bills, making Deloitte top 20 and all the other shite we've heard over the last few years, the game is up.

I get that the wb was a key focus, maybe THE key focus after MON.  But we didn't need to keep on hearing about it -and telling the world about it.  The name Aston Villa has been synonymous with cost cutting and 'sell to buy' since 2010.  Even when we've actually spent some money (as we did in the summer) it made little difference. The damage to our image has been done.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 03:07:00 PM »
Absolutely KG. It's like the board has purposely set out to downgrade the image of the club to one that is here to just make up the numbers,and we won't be doing that for much longer. They have taken away the one thing that keeps every fan going.Hope. We are being punished for their sheer incompetence and they should hang their heads in shame

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 03:17:01 PM »
Absolutely KG. It's like the board has purposely set out to downgrade the image of the club to one that is here to just make up the numbers,and we won't be doing that for much longer. They have taken away the one thing that keeps every fan going.Hope. We are being punished for their sheer incompetence and they should hang their heads in shame
bang on. Hope is what it is all about for nearly every club except the chosen few. Us Villa fans know our ceiling the way the game is at the moment. But.... At the moment we are even having hope taken from us. Then it all becomes pointless.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
I have to agree with some of the responses Aston Villa FC will never be a disgrace , we are going through a tough hard time and all of us true fans are hurting but AVFC will never itself be a disgrace

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »
Exactly, it's in your blood and we all live and breathe Villa

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
If we could get about 25,000 of us fans to put £6,000 into the pot each I think we may just be able to buy him out.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
I refer all of the above to my sig.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
I refer all of the above to my sig.

How true that is.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
If we could get about 25,000 of us fans to put £6,000 into the pot each I think we may just be able to buy him out.

i think he would take 150 million not sure we should give him that much

Offline steve22

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »
First post from a long time Lurker.  I’ve been reading H&V since the internet thing started (for me) – sometime in the 90’s.
I’m 50 & started following “The Villa” when they were in the 3rd Division (thanks to my Grandad).  Andy Lochead was our No 9 & Bruce Rioch our best player.  We’d be on ITV Star Soccer with Hugh Johns twice a season if we were lucky.  It was all Derby, Blues & Coventry in those days.
As the mid 70’s arrived we started improving & moving up the leagues.  My best Villa memories are from this time.  1975 – 79 were the best.
We won the league & European Cup in the early 80’s.  Then we went down the shitter for a few years.  HDE doing what RL is doing now – balancing the books.  SGT arrived & turned things around & we were good again.  He left & we were pretty shit again.  BFR made us good for a couple of seasons, as did Sir Brian & John Gregory.  Even DOL had one good season.  MON had 3 good years.  GH & TSM didn’t work at all.
We have always been an inconsistent club.  The pendulum swings from one extreme to the other - season by season sometimes.
Throughout (most) of this period HDE was in charge.  OK, he wasn’t there during our most successful period !
But he kept the club on a reasonable financial footing (& made a bit himself !).  Looking at our finances over the last few years, I think RL is adopting this approach.  We can’t spend more than we can afford or we’ll go bust.  The team isn't good enough & he's not going to overspend to rectify it.  Changing the manager won't make any difference.
I want Aston Villa to survive – whether it’s in the Prem or Div 3.  I don’t want us to go into liquidation & have to change our name.
So folks, I think we have got to accept we’re entering one of our shitty periods.  It’s not going to be nice but people of my age have been through it before.  It makes you appreciate the good times !
To be honest, I think we’ve been spoiled – this is the longest period in my supporting lifetime that we haven’t been relegated.
I hope it doesn’t happen, but if it does, I won’t change my allegiance & start following Utd, City or Chelsea !
I think Mr Woodhall summed it up in his introduction from “One Season to the Next”.
Sorry about the long post, but I’ve been saving it up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal