collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The club is a disgrace!  (Read 9152 times)

Offline chippy

The club is a disgrace!
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
(I know I don't post here much, but i do read most of the posts each day - honest.)

I just want to say that I think the way Villa has been run over the past few season's since MON left is shocking.
We've seen terrible appointments, GH, AMc, and even PL clearly doesn't have a clue what he's trying to do here either.

We are a selling club and have run out of any players of value left to sell! The fans couldn't give a $h!t about the finance side of the club. We just want to see quality players singed and not sold on afterwards. All this crap about reducing the wage bill has ruined the club (long term). Football cannot be run as a business. The team must be continually improved or you are going backwards!
If he (Lerner) isn't prepared to spend money then why the funk is he still here?

We should force Lerner out the door. If Villa lose the next game I think the fans should turn on Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert. They should be thrown out of the club by the fans.
People say that we can't afford to sack PL. But if we (the general public) were rubbish at our jobs I'm sure we'd be sacked on poor performance and would not receive any sort of compensation for it.

PL should resign, he isn't doing any more than what any of us could do if we were manager. Ok we wouldn't be able to motivate the team (being a nobody) but neither can he at the moment so he's no better than someone with no football management experience.

He's says they practice set pieces everyday yet we still can't defend against them . Surely that sums up his coaching ability.
We honestly might as well be manager-less at the moment because he is being paid to funk up results for us at the moment.

The way this club has been run, Aston Villa deserve to be relegated. We've had the warning signs of relegation for three seasons now, yet they've depleted the team even more! :S
We're in such a mess, one or two no player won't be enough, we need a whole new first eleven. We couldn't even beat non-league opponents at the moment.

I am so angry at the moment. I'm glad I don't live near B'ham to be able to go to the games because I think I would lose it in the ground! I'm normally a clam and logical person but when things are going wrong on the pitch and the management are in denial amount the whole situation really winds me up.

For those who go to the games, please do not just sit there or walk out early. Please actually chant your frustration!

Aston Villa - prepared to go down!

Offline eastie

Re: The club is a disgrace!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »
(I know I don't post here much, but i do read most of the posts each day - honest.)

I just want to say that I think the way Villa has been run over the past few season's since MON left is shocking.
We've seen terrible appointments, GH, AMc, and even PL clearly doesn't have a clue what he's trying to do here either.

We are a selling club and have run out of any players of value left to sell! The fans couldn't give a $h!t about the finance side of the club. We just want to see quality players singed and not sold on afterwards. All this crap about reducing the wage bill has ruined the club (long term). Football cannot be run as a business. The team must be continually improved or you are going backwards!
If he (Lerner) isn't prepared to spend money then why the funk is he still here?

We should force Lerner out the door. If Villa lose the next game I think the fans should turn on Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert. They should be thrown out of the club by the fans.
People say that we can't afford to sack PL. But if we (the general public) were rubbish at our jobs I'm sure we'd be sacked on poor performance and would not receive any sort of compensation for it.

PL should resign, he isn't doing any more than what any of us could do if we were manager. Ok we wouldn't be able to motivate the team (being a nobody) but neither can he at the moment so he's no better than someone with no football management experience.

He's says they practice set pieces everyday yet we still can't defend against them . Surely that sums up his coaching ability.
We honestly might as well be manager-less at the moment because he is being paid to funk up results for us at the moment.

The way this club has been run, Aston Villa deserve to be relegated. We've had the warning signs of relegation for three seasons now, yet they've depleted the team even more! :S
We're in such a mess, one or two no player won't be enough, we need a whole new first eleven. We couldn't even beat non-league opponents at the moment.

I am so angry at the moment. I'm glad I don't live near B'ham to be able to go to the games because I think I would lose it in the ground! I'm normally a clam and logical person but when things are going wrong on the pitch and the management are in denial amount the whole situation really winds me up.

For those who go to the games, please do not just sit there or walk out early. Please actually chant your frustration!

Aston Villa - prepared to go down!

I feel your pain chippy , nice post.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
Good post. Agree with nearly all of that except when you say fans don't care about the club finances. We do. We are realists (well most of us anyway) and we accept that we shouldn't spend money we don't have. The problem is not the cutbacks. It is that we shouldn't have got to the stage of needing them in the first place. Blame MON all you want, it is Lerner that gave him free reign to spend as he saw fit.

Offline levico

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:50:36 AM »
Good post, Chippy. Not everyone will agree with this but I do believe that Lerner has a plan for the club - "managed decline".

I believe that he and Lambert have agreed that relegation is probably unavoidable but they are prepared for that. The intention is that they will start from scratch in the Championship using young, cheap players and work back up - like he did at Norwich. I go one step further, I believe that this strategy includes potential relegation to League 1.

Question is, are we the fans going to put up with that?

Offline eastie

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
More likely lerner is fooled by lamberts ridiculous comments how we dominated the game last night, and all this dont worry , we wont go down , we will be fine stuff.

O neill seemed to fool him too - maybe lerner is just a fool with money.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »
Good post. Agree with nearly all of that except when you say fans don't care about the club finances. We do. We are realists (well most of us anyway) and we accept that we shouldn't spend money we don't have. The problem is not the cutbacks. It is that we shouldn't have got to the stage of needing them in the first place. Blame MON all you want, it is Lerner that gave him free reign to spend as he saw fit.
'Money we don't have'. Who knows what money we do have? There's all this fiddle of Lerner lending money to the club. How can that be right? All of these things don't have to be an either / or. I blame Lerner, O'Neill and Lambert. Lambert's attitude of late has been shocking and we don't know what Lerner's attitude is.

Offline eastie

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
'Money we don't have'. Who knows what money we do have? There's all this fiddle of Lerner lending money to the club. How can that be right? All of these things don't have to be an either / or. I blame Lerner, O'Neill and Lambert. Lambert's attitude of late has been shocking and we don't know what Lerner's attitude is.

I agree jon, but dont forget faulkner too.

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
As a season ticket holder I utterly feel the misery and pain but whilst the club has undoubtably been run badly the solution is not to continue throwing money at it.  Lerner has invested a huge amount since his arrival it's just that the money has not been well spent.  MON signed too many players that weren't good enough on grossly inflated salaries that led to 85% of income going on pay.  This was an unsustainable situation and is the reason we're now in trouble struggling things.

The club has been badly managed by Paul Falkener, Charles Krulak and Robin Russell.  They failed to control MON and compounded this by making dreadful managerial appointments.  Lambert is way out of his depth and needs to go....but so should the senior management team.

Like it or not, football clubs are a business.  It puts Doug Ellis's stewardship in perspective.

Offline rutski

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
surely there are another 50 threads where you can bitch and whine about the club!

i read your post, i think you talk alot of bollocks and to then say 'can you have a go on my behalf please as i dont go' is hilarious!

in fact, after 6 posts i think you are a nose and there are others on here who should know better!

Offline avfc1966

• WHY oh WHY!!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:23 AM »
surely there are another 50 threads where you can bitch and whine about the club!

i read your post, i think you talk alot of bollocks and to then say 'can you have a go on my behalf please as i dont go' is hilarious!

in fact, after 6 posts i think you are a nose and there are others on here who should know better!
Well said Rutski he's probably been down there as much as lerner.

Offline avfc1966

• WHY oh WHY!!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 11:22:07 AM »
Please dont say the club is a disgrace we are one of the most prestigous clubs in the world..
The people who own,run,manage and play are the disgrace......

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:23:31 AM »
I see where you're coming from and agree with a couple of your points, but disagree with a number of them.

The fans couldn't give a $h!t about the finance side of the club.
I can’t agree with that.  I don’t want to see Villa go bankrupt.

One or two players in the right positions would improve us immeasurably. I don't go with the idea that every player we have is rubbish.

That doesn’t work though. Lerner owns the club.

Nice idea and I agree, but that’s not how football works is it? He would get compensation. We won't change the entire way the game works.

How about people support their team however they want, be it chanting their frustration or just sitting there?

Offline rutski

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:21 AM »
can you not see this post is a wind up!

too many have pitchforks in their hand and arent actually reading what is being written but because it is an anti lerner, lambert villa post think, i agree with that! lock the thread and vent your spleen on any other of 50 threads!

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »

That doesn’t work though. Lerner owns the club.

You're right, we can't force him out, we can't voice our disapproval at AGMs. But we can make damn sure every time he decides to watch a game (from home, no doubt), all he hears is "Fuck off Lerner". We should leave him with no doubt that it's time for him to try to sell, and piss off.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
'Money we don't have'. Who knows what money we do have?
That was a hypothetical statement in response to the claim that fans don't care about club finances
Lambert's attitude of late has been shocking and we don't know what Lerner's attitude is.
We know he isn't putting hand in pocket when we need it more then at any other point during his reign. We all know that no investment this window is condeming us to relegation. I think that tells us enough about his 'attitude'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal