collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Doogan on WM now  (Read 11890 times)

Offline NeilH

Re: Doogan on WM now
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
We've been complaining about the lack of communication and now we've had someone on from the club for nearly 30mins answering our questions. Surely this is what we wanted, isn't it?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
Franks asked if he could speak to Lerner next time as he finished the interview and was met with silence.

Says it all really.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
I thought it was DD coming back from the other side.......would be of more interest if you ask me

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »
We've been complaining about the lack of communication and now we've had someone on from the club for nearly 30mins answering our questions. Surely this is what we wanted, isn't it?

He didn't actually answer any questions, though, that's the problem. He just spouted out the line about building a young team, how we have ups and downs and side stepped anything raised about the fact we've won four or five league games all year.

It's one thing to point at Anfield as evidence of the ups and downs of the game, but another one to then skim over the following 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 losses.

He also seemed to think that taking a two goal lead at Albion but then ending up with a point was a show of great hope. We need to win matches, not draw them.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
Doogan did what mitt Romney did, answer questions without actually answering them!
The message was simply, transition, belief in youngsters and they 'work hard'
Load of pr bull

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »
Doogan did what mitt Romney did, answer questions without actually answering them!
Load of pr bull

What else did you expect?

Offline NeilH

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »

He didn't actually answer any questions, though, that's the problem. He just spouted out the line about building a young team, how we have ups and downs and side stepped anything raised about the fact we've won four or five league games all year.

It's one thing to point at Anfield as evidence of the ups and downs of the game, but another one to then skim over the following 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 losses.

He also seemed to think that taking a two goal lead at Albion but then ending up with a point was a show of great hope. We need to win matches, not draw them.

I'd say that he's just reiterating a club policy that we already know.

Of course he's going to be optimistic, I mean he's hardly likely to say 'yep we're fuc*ed'

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 06:38:02 PM »
I can kind of sympathise on that front, I mean what could he say to that, really? "Yeah it's not good enough, Lambert better get his shit together"? He either tries to empthasise the very few positives we have had over the course of the season, or all of the headlines will be about the club speaking out about the manager.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »
He's a press man, of course he's slime. Honest men don't go in to PR.

No offence taken.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
That's a shame, plenty was intended!

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:53 PM »

I'd say that he's just reiterating a club policy that we already know.

Of course he's going to be optimistic, I mean he's hardly likely to say 'yep we're fuc*ed'

There's optimistic and there's being woefully out of touch with reality.

It's all very well going on and on about their plan (whatever the question was, that's all the answer ever was) without touching on the fact that we're looking at grave risk of relegation.

Building a young team with class like Benteke is what he referred to several times - does he seriously think Benteke will be here if we get relegated? Not to mention a few of the other better players.

Of course they won't.

I totally understand how these things work, I get that he's not going to say "everything is shit", of course he isn't, and I didn't want him to, but I was hoping we'd hear something to suggest they're more in touch with reality than they seem to be.

We didn't, and to be honest, personally, I think they're even more out of touch than I previously did.

Offline VinnieChase84

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
Load of pr bull

Didnt expect anything! Don't expect anything from any of them.
The fact out chairman couldn't even be bothered to turn up at VP for a major cup semi final, speaks volumes of the 'true' interest

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »
The fact out chairman couldn't even be bothered to turn up at VP for a major cup semi final, speaks volumes of the 'true' interest

He skipped around that one.

"Was Randy at the match on Tuesday?"
"He watched the match, he sees all the matches"
"Was he actually in the stand, or at home in America"
"He watched it at home in America, he always does"

Maybe that's what we should all do, to demonstrate our similar level of support - just watch the matches at home.

Offline VinnieChase84

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »

"Was Randy at the match on Tuesday?"
"He watched the match, he sees all the matches"
"Was he actually in the stand, or at home in America"
"He watched it at home in America, he always does"

Maybe that's what we should all do, to demonstrate our similar level of support - just watch the matches at home.
Maybe randy can suggest a decent stream (in a private message of course) ;-)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:47:12 PM by VinnieChase84 »

Offline Fernando Partridge

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 06:45:41 PM »
Load of pr bull

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal