collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Six questions we've asked Randy Lerner  (Read 7808 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Six questions we've asked Randy Lerner
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
These sort of open letter/questions/ultimatum-type things do a lot more for the paper than for the recipient, not least increase their circulation. If they aren't answered, the paper can continue with whatever agenda they're plugging. If they are answered, the paper's won. In this case, if they ARE answered, the answers will either be criticised or disbelieved.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:58:04 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 04:01:43 PM »
These questions don't arise when the owner isn't a coward that won't talk to the fans when the club is in its biggest crisis in decades.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
These questions don't arise when the owner isn't a coward that won't talk to the fans when the club is in its biggest crisis in decades.

Was he a coward when he wasn't talking during the good times, or was it "Good old Randy - stuff the media, we don't need them?"? I've said since the day he arrived that he needed to be more open with us, and I still believe that. However, I do question the Mail's sudden attacking stance and as I said above, don't think that this approach will do much good.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 04:08:20 PM »

Was he a coward when he wasn't talking during the good times, or was it "Good old Randy - stuff the media, we don't need them?"? I've said since the day he arrived that he needed to be more open with us, and I still believe that. However, I do question the Mail's sudden attacking stance and as I said above, don't think that this approach will do much good.

What do you think should be done then? Just cross our fingers and hope everything turns out okay?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 04:12:53 PM »

What do you think should be done then? Just cross our fingers and hope everything turns out okay?

To be honest that's pretty much all any of us can do. You can protest all you like, but it won't do any good with an owner convinced that his is the correct approach and who is 100% in control.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »

Well, right now we are hurtling towards the Championship, with no hint of a signing, and we couldn't beat a League Two side over two legs....I think that has made a lot of people suddenly sit up and exclaim 'Holy Crap what the hell is going on at Aston Villa?'

Offline MonsXI

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »
May as well have written the questions in the snow in Aston Park.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 04:31:12 PM »
The Mail trying to boost their flagging circulation figures. Good luck to 'em.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:57 PM »

To be honest that's pretty much all any of us can do. You can protest all you like, but it won't do any good with an owner convinced that his is the correct approach and who is 100% in control.
In a nutshell AVFC is in the hands of a benign dictator. And there's sod all any of us can do about it.

Offline adam#1

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 04:23:50 AM »
My six questions to Randy:

1. Are you pleased you were christened Randall and was it your choice to shorten it to Randy?

2. Have you heard of laser therapy for tattoo removal?

3. How come you're so rich and your Daddy was too? Is it just coincidence or genetics?

4. Why does Paul Faulkner look at you in that way?

5. Where is Birmingham?

6. Do we go again?

I'm expecting answers to mine quicker than the Mail's!

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 05:47:46 AM »
Dave, I agree that the owner will do what he likes and also the same man had no questions to answer when things were going ok, notice I say ok, not great, but at the moment the club is lurching from one disaster to another, the supporters bought into the 5 year plan, all we want now is some words of wisdom from the club, reference the next 5 months plan.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 06:58:16 AM »
I'd really like the General to have the balls to post on here again.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »

No chance, he's a cowardly prick l like Lerner

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
With the monumental calamity that is going on down at the Villa, where in God's name are  Prince William and Dave Cameron?

Lerner has done a vanishing act and is absent while Villa sinks into oblivion. If I were heir to the throne or PM of a nuclear power I'd be making all sorts of noise about abnegation of responsibilities. I'd have Lerner extradited from his hermit cave and sit him in front of a Parliamentary enquiry. Or locked up in the Tower.

Call themselves Villa fans.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 09:06:15 AM »

No chance, he's a cowardly prick l like Lerner

How dare you say he's a coward, he fought alongside Custer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal