collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 07:58:45 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 07:57:10 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:52:17 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by TheMalandro
[Today at 07:48:29 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:46:41 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:45:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:45:31 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 07:43:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: are the players hurting ?  (Read 5957 times)

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Re: are the players hurting ?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 04:11:20 PM »
I've started treating our matches as I do when a relationship ends badly.

A large cake, some ice cream, and a furious wank later, the world is a better place.

Lol. Do you think that the cake, ice cream and wanking might be the reasons your relationships end badly?

Girls love all 3 of those, surely??

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
I'm sure Ireland will start caring the nearer his contract comes to expiring. Then he will be shit again

Offline witton lane warrior

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
i was hurting seeing all those plastic flags waving what have we become ?

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
took some stick at work from a Chelsea "fan" before they got knocked out....then he got some back the wanker...

UTV
The Doc

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:10 PM »
Regardless of whether they are hurting, they don't do themselves any PR favours. How many of them acknowledged the fans after the game? 2/3? Only Vlaar apologised on Twitter and seemed genuinely gutted in the interview. Amazing that a man who has been at this club a few months shows more passion then those who have been with the club since they were kids. Herd sent a tweet which basically suggested that those who were being negative were immature. As if we should be optimistic after being twatted over two legs by a League Two team FFS! To many of them are out of touch and not the sort of players you really get great pride in supporting.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »
go back to their massive houses , swimming pools , sports cars and hot woman .    I would hope so , but you never know.

Offline JingleJangle

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
Just fed up of the constant bo*llocks they spout about actually caring.

Some one had a row with Bannan's sister over twitter and she was giving it loads and then clarkes mrs got involved aswell and started basically having a go about the lads gf and getting really nasty when he was just stating how poor the pair of them played and have done throughout the season.

Seems they dont mind it when things are all nicey nicey and us mugs are paying their wages so their families and gf's can go out and spunk it on pony's, tracksuits and fake tans but as soon as we have an opinion about the people we are paying the wages for they get their backs up about it.

None of them players will be hurting as much as the fans having to put up with the constant shit opposing fans give us throughout the year!

I had people coming up to me who have never mentioned football since ive known them and decided to make a comment about it.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
I remember seeing Thomas Sorenson a few years back out a couple of hours after a heavy defeat, out on the town laughing and joking and knocking back the cocktails.
Since then it's left me in no doubt the modern player rarely gives a flying fuck about results or performances.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »
My 'colleagues' at work have now actually stopped taking the piss amidst serious concerns that they are contributing to my current constant state of depression.

My boss asked (in all seriousness) whether I wanted to speak to occupational health.

Sorry, that made me laugh.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
Herd sent a tweet which basically suggested that those who were being negative were immature.

Hopefully someone sent him a tweet back reminding him that getting into late night fights on Broad Street is hardly a sign of maturity either.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
I remember seeing Thomas Sorenson a few years back out a couple of hours after a heavy defeat, out on the town laughing and joking and knocking back the cocktails.
Since then it's left me in no doubt the modern player rarely gives a flying fuck about results or performances.

What do you really expect? I know that when I have a shit day at work, a good night out does the trick. Do you expect our players to sit at home and cry themselves to sleep? What good does that do anyone?

I expect our players to look like they give a shit when  they're on the pitch, which, admittedly, a lot of the current shower of shit don't, but what they do in their own time is neither here nor there.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 05:08:08 PM »

What do you really expect? I know that when I have a shit day at work, a good night out does the trick. Do you expect our players to sit at home and cry themselves to sleep? What good does that do anyone?

I expect our players to look like they give a shit when  they're on the pitch, which, admittedly, a lot of the current shower of shit don't, but what they do in their own time is neither here nor there.
This. If they were in the dressing room straight after the game laughing and joking then that would be one thing. But I don't think if I were a player, I would allow a defeat to consume me for the rest of the day. Isn't going to do any good.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 05:15:41 PM »
You could say the days of fans taking pride in real down to earth local heroes has long gone. There aren't too many Brian Littles, Trevor Brookings or Charlie Aitkins knocking around and you won't find any of them down your local boozer. The best you can hope for is that they are hurting because they take pride in their own performances. None of the current Villa boys deserve to wear the shirt but I suspect a few of them are hurting to some degree. It is the piss takers like Ireland that make my blood boil. I don't care if you think he may bring slightly more to the team than others due to his supposed mercurial talents; just ship the article out before he has one more opportunity to mock us. PL keeps saying he is hurting as much as the fans because he thinks we need to know that. Paul we know you are hurting, what you need to know is that you can never hurt as much as a loyal fan who devotes his/her life to their beloved team. Quit the sound bites and concentrate all your efforts on this nightmare.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »
I'd say they do hurt or at the least it's clearly effecting them as they fall to pieces when a team scores against us.

Offline neo_Villan

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
None of the current Villa boys deserve to wear the shirt but I suspect a few of them are hurting to some degree.
Guzan, Vlaar and Weimann are the only ones of the current bunch that generate any sort of pride in me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal