collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: An open message to Randy Lerner from The Birmingham Mail  (Read 22296 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: An open message to Randy Lerner from The Birmingham Mail
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
The problem is we get lots of communication about it, Lambert says something regarding transfers in every interview, it's just that no one wants to believe it, so they act like nothing has been said then post things like "I don't care if we're not going to spend but they should let us know", which is clearly not the case.

Lambert has said numerous times that he's looking to get 1-2 in but that they won't be big names.  That's the intention, right there, it's vague, it's probably not enough for what we need but the message has been made public a number of times.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
Agree with the messaging above.
I think there's value in targeting Faulkner as welll, since he is apparently RL's 'eyes and ears' and supposed decision-maker at the club.

Offline ez

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
Can't disagree with much of that letter.
It could have been worded better as Tuesdays game was not actually a defeat.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »
Can't disagree with much of that letter.
It could have been worded better as Tuesdays game was not actually a defeat.

It doesn't say the game was.  We were defeated by Bradford in the cup.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
The problem is we get lots of communication about it, Lambert says something regarding transfers in every interview, it's just that no one wants to believe it, so they act like nothing has been said then post things like "I don't care if we're not going to spend but they should let us know", which is clearly not the case.

Lambert has said numerous times that he's looking to get 1-2 in but that they won't be big names.  That's the intention, right there, it's vague, it's probably not enough for what we need but the message has been made public a number of times.

Does that mean we are not going to sign Britt Assabolonga or Exodus Geohagon?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:23 AM »
Agree with the messaging above.
I think there's value in targeting Faulkner as welll, since he is apparently RL's 'eyes and ears' and supposed decision-maker at the club.
He needs to go to bloody Specsavers and have his ears syringed in that case.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
He won't get rid of Faulkner.That would mean breaking the Cambridge old boys oath.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:23 AM »
Lerner and Faulkner might take a bit of notice if the letter was signed by that whiskey faced bully from Govan.

The pair of starry eyed fuckin' buffoons.

'whiskey faced' love it

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »
He won't get rid of Faulkner.That would mean breaking the Cambridge old boys oath.

Yep - he went to a Great University therefore he must be great at EVERYTHING. It's the Proletariat that get in the way - those Pesky fans

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »
It would help if as 'a letter' it was addressed to Lerner rather than being, in effect, an Editor's comment.

I don't expect Lerner will respond, though we'll perhaps get something from Faulkner. Whatever is said though, will only be analysed in minute detail, distorted according to each person's viewpoint and complained about.

I'm not sure there is any sort of answer that would placate people, even if he said he was employing a DoF, pumping in another £100m and selling tickets for a tenner people would only complain it hadn't been done before, wasn't enough and was a bad idea in income terms.

However, it's wrong that nothing at all has been said.

Offline avfc1966

• WHY oh WHY!!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »
Why do we need the evening mail to correspond our concerns we the FANS should be holding a protest about our beloved club im not surprised the yanks wife left him.LERNER WE NEED INPUT FROM YOU AND YOUR GENERALS YOU HAVE MADE TWO BAD BAD CALLS OVER THE LAST TWO SEASONS IN ANY OTHER INDUSTRY YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED.

COME ON SHOW US YOUR TRUE COLOURS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:20 AM »

yeah but thats the point. There's so many proviso's on it its not worth bothering with. Saying there's a chance we won't get anyone in, or they could be loan players, and then disappearing up the owner's arse when anyone ask him about the finances is not what anyone wants to hear.

Bottom line is we need good players to arrive to stay up - they are not cheap. If Lambert doesn't know that then he's a fool. If he knows that but won't say it to Lerner or publicly, then he's the wrong guy for us - you need a manager who can stand up to an owner and put a bit of pressure on them, not another yesman like TSM who's content to sail towards an iceberg because somone above him ordered it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
It would help if as 'a letter' it was addressed to Lerner rather than being, in effect, an Editor's comment.

I don't expect Lerner will respond, though we'll perhaps get something from Faulkner. Whatever is said though, will only be analysed in minute detail, distorted according to each person's viewpoint and complained about.

I'm not sure there is any sort of answer that would placate people, even if he said he was employing a DoF, pumping in another £100m and selling tickets for a tenner people would only complain it hadn't been done before, wasn't enough and was a bad idea in income terms.

However, it's wrong that nothing at all has been said.

It's not a letter, but a message, as the title says.  I don't particularly want to hear from them as no doubt it would be the usual senseless drivel, and the clearest message they could send would be to back the manager in the next few days.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
I just imagine Lerner sat in a massive drawing room in a faux Gothic mansion in Ohio, staring wistfully into the middle distance, day-in day-out never moving or saying anything... as members of staff bring him food and then take the barely touched food away...

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
have they used the Villa badge ripped in half picture yet ?

UTV
The Doc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal